× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Snapshots on RN528 OS6

phil060506
Guide

Snapshots on RN528 OS6

I am about to do a full Reset to Factory on my RN528 (with 8x8TB Ironwolf drives).  I will be using the out-of-the-box RAID6 config that is created by default.   I want the new configuration to be such that no Snapshots are ever made on any share.

Please, is there a way to set this before any data is loaded onto the device without having to resort to apps or SSH?  I just want to click a button somewhere on the Dashboard and Snapshots to be a thing of the past.

All advice greatfully received.

Phil

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: Snapshots on RN528 OS6

OK, that is the page I thought you were referring to.  Nothing there tells you what the snapshot schedule is.  It shows how many snapshots currently exist.

To delete snapshots, use the gear icon for each share and select "recover".  Then when the snapshots are displayed, right-click on each and select delete.  It may take some time for the snapshot space to be recovered (assuming they really are taking up much additional space).

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
Sandshark
Sensei

Yes, you just set the snapshot frequency to "Never".

Message 2 of 6
phil060506
Guide

Thanks for your quick reply... I assume you mean in the settings for each share, is that right?  When I try to do that the snapshot frequency does not change as shown in the share status screen

phil060506_0-1709114470457.png

Message 3 of 6
Sandshark
Sensei

I can't see your screen shot until a moderator makes it available.  But the "Shares Status" screen, if I understand which page you mean by that, doesn't show the frequency of snapshots, it shows how many are already made.  If you turn off snapshots, that doesn't remove existing snapshots -- you have to do that manually.

Message 4 of 6
Sandshark
Sensei

OK, that is the page I thought you were referring to.  Nothing there tells you what the snapshot schedule is.  It shows how many snapshots currently exist.

To delete snapshots, use the gear icon for each share and select "recover".  Then when the snapshots are displayed, right-click on each and select delete.  It may take some time for the snapshot space to be recovered (assuming they really are taking up much additional space).

Message 5 of 6
phil060506
Guide

Many thanks

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements