× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Upgrade Memory/RAM in RNDP600-200

rem11
Follower

Upgrade Memory/RAM in RNDP600-200

I see I am a bit late to the game in upgrading my ReadyNas NV+ 4 with a Pro model.

I have been doing some research and am having some difficulty finding RAM to upgrade the Pro model.

I understand that it takes DDR2-SDRAM PC2-6400 DIMM not SO-DIMM memory. I have been looking for a 2x4GB kit and it seems the one's previously listed on the forums are not sold any longer (at least not on NewEgg or Amazon, my primary trusted stores).

I do see these models on Newegg:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007611%20600006107%20600006069&IsNodeId=1&name=8GB%20%282%20x%204GB%29

And these in single sale format:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007611%20600006107%20600006067&IsNodeId=1&name=4GB

I'm just wondering if these are going to be compatible prior to me purchasing them. I realize that different memory versions may impact this answer and it is not supported in any official capacity. I'm just looking for some direction.

Also, I'm just wondering if there will be a new version of the Pro products coming out anytime soon, I haven't purchased the RNDP600-200 yet, but it is the current choice I believe.
Message 1 of 3
MrCyberdude
Tutor

Re: Upgrade Memory/RAM in RNDP600-200

Hmmm, The best bet if you cannot source some ram that has been proven to work by others, would probably be to take the empty NAS once you have purchased it, into a local computer store and run the built in memory test with a few different modules and report back here with what you find.
Normally mid-week and in the morning most shops are less busy and may accommodate you if they wish to sell it to you.
Message 2 of 3
PapaBear1
Guide

Re: Upgrade Memory/RAM in RNDP600-200

My usual recommendation to someone trying to increase the memory in their device is to match the specs of the original module as to speed and timing. That is of course not possible until after you purchase the device.

Going from 1GB to 8GB is a huge increase, and 8GB is the memory I have in one desktop that has a very fast processor and runs Windows and a lot of memory intensive applications. Is there a special reason you want to increase the memory? If you are only going to use it as a file server, you will see no speed increase as the speed limitation is the gigabit ethernet connection, which the Pro 6 is more than capable of saturating.

Keep in mind also that if you have a problem, as long as the unsupported memory increase is in place, technical support will most likely refuse support.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements