× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WD WD10EZRX LP compatibility?

Guido80
Aspirant

WD WD10EZRX LP compatibility?

Can anyone please tell me if this drive will work with a ReadyNas (DUO v1)?

After a lot of searching and comparing I think two of these --considering they actually work wih the DUO v1-- would be the best replacement for my failed ST31000520AS (actually one failed and I will be replacing both, after reading discouraging comments about using different drive types in the same RAID setup).

I know there are many other good hard drives out there, but I'm on a budget and just hope to get the DUO up and running again for the next few years without instant trouble.

Thanks!
Message 1 of 5
HERBIEO
Aspirant

Re: WD WD10EZRX LP compatibility?

Have you checked the Compatibility list its best to stick with drives on the HCL > http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/20641
Message 2 of 5
Guido80
Aspirant

HERBIEO wrote:
Have you checked the Compatibility list its best to stick with drives on the HCL > http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/20641

I looked at the HCL and the drive isn't listed. This should be a clear sign of a bad idea for a newbie like myself.

After some more investigation about WD Reds I am considering to stretch my budget (ouch) and go for a pair of HCL-approved WD10EFRX :oops:
Message 3 of 5
HERBIEO
Aspirant

A little more cost but but a much better option the WD Red drives have been engineered specifically for NAS use.
Message 4 of 5
Guido80
Aspirant

HERBIEO wrote:
A little more cost but but a much better option the WD Red drives have been engineered specifically for NAS use.

For their price they are awesome indeed. What was I thinking... :slap:
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements