× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

rn316 with 4 x 6tb wd drives - getting error message 'out of memory. isra. 16+31c'  #26833911

wsirhcm
Aspirant

rn316 with 4 x 6tb wd drives - getting error message 'out of memory. isra. 16+31c'  #26833911

Message 1 of 9
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: rn316 with 4 x 6tb wd drives - getting error message 'out of memory. isra. 16+31c'

Hello wsirhcm,

Did you have volume expansion just recently or you are trying to expand the volume? Do the disk have files? What is the FW version of the NAS?

Welcome to the community!

Regards,

Message 2 of 9
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: rn316 with 4 x 6tb wd drives - getting error message 'out of memory. isra. 16+31c'

Which services are you running under System > Settings > Services?

Which apps are you running?

Please contact support.

OOM errors indicate that there is a memory leak or the system is trying to do much. If the system runs out of memory (RAM) the NAS will be forced to kill services till the memory usage comes back under control.

Message 3 of 9
cs_giuseppe
Apprentice

Hello, wsirhcm

also I have the same problem ReadyNAS 316 - Out of memory #26736919.

My nas is under investigation from Engineering

First open a support case so the support can help

Keep us informed when there are good news.

Giuseppe

Message 4 of 9
Retired_Member
Not applicable

There is no evidence that you have the same problem. Having the same error message doesn't mean it's the same problem... Especially "out of memory", which is quite generic.

Also, wsirhcm didn't provide enough information yet to understand what is actually going on

Message 5 of 9
wsirhcm
Aspirant

Hi All,

Thanks for your inputs.  I will raise a support request as suggested. What is FW?

The model I have is a Ready Nas 6 bay 316, to which I added 4 red WD 6TB nas drives, which gave me circa 16TB of usable back up space.  I wanted to back up my data and video library from my desktop PC which I copied across via the drag and drop process using readcloud.  I had been sucessfully streaming videos to my Samsung Smart TV via the home network for several months.  I assume the default TV apps provide the necessary codecs etc as I did not have to download any further apps to 'see' and 'play' video files from the nas via the home network.

(I had previously used PS3 media server installed on the PC to stream video files direct from the PC).  I should mention that about 3-4 months ago I migrated to Windows 10 from Windows 7.  The streaming of videos did not seem to be affected my this.  However about 10 days ago I suddenly lost access to the nas on the network.  On trying to open the nas folders via readycloud I got a nessage saying somthing like not available - I cant rememeber the exact message.

After all this happened I decided to wipe my PC main hd and reinstall Windows 7, as I realy cant stand Windows 10 any longer.  

I got the note from netgear about readycloud merging with my netgear and the OS update but cant as yet do it untill I sort this ssue out.

Message 6 of 9
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Let us know how you get on with support.

BTW the ReadyCLOUD accounts merging with MyNETGEAR isn't happening quite yet. It will be required when ReadyNAS OS 6.5.0 becomes available. 6.5.0 is expected to be released sometime soon. The email did say that it is coming in early May.

Message 7 of 9
StephenB
Guru

@wsirhcm wrote:

I had been sucessfully streaming videos to my Samsung Smart TV via the home network for several months. 

Are you using ReadyDLNA or Plex?  Or are you accessing the videos with windows file sharing?

Message 8 of 9
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: rn316 with 4 x 6tb wd drives - getting error message 'out of memory. isra. 16+31c' #26833911

FW is short for firmware

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements