× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ultra and plus blowouts

pmarinac
Follower

ultra and plus blowouts

It looks like the ReadyNAS ultra and ultra pluses are about to be replaced because there is a combination of deep discounting and alerts of discontinuation of the models at many web retailers. Frys electronics is selling the ultra 4 for about $409 and the ultra 4 plus for $429 (after a $100 debit card mail in rebate). Either the compitition has heated up, Netgear needs cash or we are about to see new models.
Message 1 of 3
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ultra and plus blowouts

With that price difference the Ultra 4 Plus is a much better buy. The CPU in the Ultra 4 Plus is dual-core versus the single-core in the Ultra 4.
Message 2 of 3
nikstar101
Aspirant

Re: ultra and plus blowouts

I hope Netgear are going to update the ReadyNAS line as my Duo V1 is rapidly running out of space (due to the 2TB drive limit) and i am looking to upgrade. It seems that the Ultra Plus line is unavailable in the UK therefore I was starting to look at the Synology DS412+ but my loyalty to the ReadyNAS has kept the Synology out of my Amazon basket.

I think the whole consumer space has now caught onto the NAS thing and as more consumers look to buy them for Media, Photos and backups I think that Netgear will have to make a prettier looking front end to compete with the other manufacturers. Although most pro-sumers (i think anyone on the ReadyNAS forum) understands simple, effective and reliable wins the day most consumers will go with the shiniest toy in the store.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements