× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

which kensington lock works with the Pro Pioneer 6-bay?

brente
Aspirant

which kensington lock works with the Pro Pioneer 6-bay?

I assumed that all of the Kensington micro locks were basically the same, but the ClickSafe Twin Keyed Laptop Lock doesn't work with the Pro Pioneer 6-bay NAS. I think the problem is that the Kensington lock hole on the back of the Pro Pioneer is recessed (for some reason) instead of being flush with the rear surface of the NAS, so the lock doesn't fit over the locking mechanism... 😞 Will this be the same with all Kensington locks?

Anyone know of a kensington lock that does work with the Pro Pioneer 6-bay?
Message 1 of 5
brente
Aspirant

Re: which kensington lock works with the Pro Pioneer 6-bay?

(update)

The ClickSafe Twin Keyed Laptop Lock does work ok on the ReadyNAS NVX box

I called Kensington and they said that their t-bar lock is the same for all of their locking devices (which I hope is wrong). But, the Kensington MicroSaver Keyed Ultra Notebook Lock actually looks a bit different, so I'm going to give that a try...
Message 2 of 5
brente
Aspirant

To close the loop on this...

I received the Kensington MicroSaver Keyed Ultra Notebook Lock, and it works great on the Pro Pioneer. On the t-bar side of the lock mechanism is a rubber gasket that can be compressed when connecting the lock to the device, so it gives more length to the t-bar than the ClickSafe Twin Keyed Laptop Lock does. I'd assume that other Kensington MicroSaver locks that also have the rubber gasket would work fine with the Pro Pioneer and similar models.
Message 3 of 5
jck_co_im
Aspirant

😄 Thanks for info
Message 4 of 5
anarchoi
Aspirant

thanks for info, i had same problem and couldn't find an answer.

Going to buy two MicroSaver Keyed Ultra Notebook Lock for my two ReadyNas Ultra 4 now !

edit: wow 50$ each, isn't there something cheaper ?
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements