× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Broken variable references in notification emails

xushi
Aspirant

Broken variable references in notification emails

I can't seem to find a way to contact the Forum admins or netgear support (unless it's specifically about a product I bought).

The notification email I'm receiving has some broken syntax in it. Instead of displaying the relevent data it's showing the variable names instead. See below screenshot as an example. Notice the "Hello" line, Topic, and Author lines too.

Screen Shot 2017-08-04 at 10.50.45 AM.png

Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Re: Broken variable references in notification emails

I can contact forum admins, and have already reported this.  I'll forward this one to them also.

Message 2 of 4
NETGEAR_Team
Community Manager

xushi and StephenB,

Thanks so much for the feedback! We have seen this happening very randomly and have been trying to pinpoint the root cause. I've seen it happen for different templates every once in a while, but it's never across the board for all users or for the same template each time. @xushi, was it just that email for the reply, or have you seen it on other emails? Your assistance in helping us narrow this down is greatly appreciated!

Dawn Marshall
Community Manager, NETGEAR

Message 3 of 4
xushi
Aspirant

Hi Dawn,

Happy to help.

That email was the only one I saw this issue happening in. For example I received an email notification of your reply and it all looked good (attached).

Example of a working one received last weekExample of a working one received last week

That said, I also received another similar email to the original 3 days ago with the problem visible: 

Another bad one 3 days agoAnother bad one 3 days ago

It seems quite consistent for me with the "Did you get the answer you needed?" emails.

Let me know if there's anything else you need. I can also start another random thread and test.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements