× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Replicate config backup

BernyB
Tutor

Replicate config backup

Hi,

The Replicate portal should really really really have an option to save or reload a configuration file because on any problem, we have to enter backup jobs manually with the exact same names, and this is quite painfull. 

Thank you.

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series,RN31600|ReadyNAS 300 Series 6- Bay
Message 1 of 7
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Replicate config backup

Hello BernyB,

Your idea to improve the quality and functionality of the product is very much appreciated, we thank you for sharing and interest in this. You may also post suggestions and ideas at the Idea Exchange board. Adding kudos to the ideas will help as development team will be reviewing the post that has the most kudos for considering it to add to the product's future functionality.

We appreciate your contribution to the community!

Regards,

Message 2 of 7
BernyB
Tutor

Hi,

I lost my Replicate config again, because it stopped after an extended power outage and I had to go to the remote location to deregister&register the replicate service ONCE AGAIN. Then I have to rebuild all my backup jobs ONCE AGAIN because the service cannot remember them. 

Is there any way to make that interface more RELIABLE ?   Should I use an other method to backup my main NAS ?

Robot Mad

Bern

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series,RN31600|ReadyNAS 300 Series 6- Bay
Message 3 of 7
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello BernyB,

There is no option to backup the configuration of the backup job on the Readynas Replicate server. You may want to raise the concern to our Idea Exchange board, if it does get a lot of kudos the engineering might review and might consider adding the feature in the Replicate server.

Regards,
Marty_M 
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 7
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello BernyB,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information I’ve provided has helped resolve your concern or if you need further assistance.  If ever your concern has been resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,
Marty_M 
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 7
BernyB
Tutor

Hi Marty_M,

With all due respect, I do not think that JennC's proposal is a response that deserves to be accepted as a solution. 

Cordially

Message 6 of 7
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello BernyB,

I understand, what I am trying to share is that if your concern is not resolved then we can continue with the thread. But if you feel that the concern you have raised is already address then you may always select any of the response that you feel help address the concern.

Regards,
Marty_M 
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements