× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: rn102 and tivo not working

Napadave
Aspirant

rn102 and tivo not working

So my new RN102 seems to be backing up my tivo correctly, however I cannot get the recordings to show up on the tivo my shows list.  I see the RN102 and then I'm presented with three folders: All video, Folders and Recently Added, none of the folders contain any of the recordings on the RN102.

Message 1 of 8
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Napadave,

Was this working before? Have you tried to rearchive the data from your TiVo on your ReadyNAS? Kindly check this article for more information.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 8
Napadave
Aspirant

no it is a new installation of the RN102.The backup/archiving to the RN102 seems to be working (the programs appear in the tivo folder under the name of the selected tivo box), however none of the programs on the RN102 are accessable on the Tivo 

Message 3 of 8
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Napadave,

Could you confirm the Firmware version running in your ReadyNAS?

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 8
Napadave
Aspirant

Message 5 of 8
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Napadave,

That seems strange. Have you tried to check with another ReadyDLNA enabled device (PC, mobile device, Smart TV) to see if the media files can be seen and played.

Looking forward to your response.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 8
Napadave
Aspirant

two things:

1. The media files can be seen on a PC on the network, however they ane .tivo files and are encrypted with the media access key of my tivo account and will not play on the pc (although I'm sure they would if I installed the proper playback software) but I dont want to play them on the PC, I want to play them back on the tivo.

2. There are three Tivo's on this network.  The premiere and roamio have the same behavior described above (can see the RN102 but can't see any files). The Bolt doesn't even see the RN102

Message 7 of 8
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Napadave,

What kind or type of media files are saved on your ReadyNAS? Ensure that DLNA is enabled on the share where the media files are saved. You may also toggle on/off the ReadyDLNA service on the admin page and have rescan the media files. This process may take a while and I suggest you test it again in your DLNA enabled devices.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements