Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Anywhere Access password

JASykas
Aspirant

Anywhere Access password

I can get into any of my routers locally, but when I go to anywhere access, it says "already registered to another account". I know that, but when I try to login under my email with the anywhere access, I can't remember the password.

I go through all the steps to reset password with the serial number, but that only resets the admin (local) password. I can find no way to reset my anywhere access account password through netgear account, through the app or through PC login. The all only reset local account of main Netgear account.

There must be a simple way to reset the password for the account that has my anywhere access which is my email, not admin. I have 4 devices to access and don't want to drive around to each one to monitor. Anywhere access has always worked well in the past.

What am I missing?

Message 1 of 4

Re: Anywhere Access password

@JASykas wrote:

I can get into any of my routers locally, but when I go to anywhere access, it says "already registered to another account". I know that, but when I try to login under my email with the anywhere access, I can't remember the password.

No offer to send you a reset link?

I can find no way to reset my anywhere access account password through netgear account, through the app or through PC login. The all only reset local account of main Netgear account.

When you signed up for Anywhere Access, did you use the same credentials as you used for MyNetgear?

This is usually the case, and Netgear encourages it, but some of us have had long standing logins that don't follow these "rules".

If you did, you could try logging into MyNetgear.

NETGEAR - Common Account Management

That has an email link to reset forgotten passwords.

The real challenge comes when people have forgotten which email address they used when they signed up. Then we have to send them here:

NETGEAR Product Registration FAQ | Answer | NETGEAR Support

The challenge can be the different flavours of login that people can use on Netgear.

Message 2 of 4
JASykas
Aspirant

I changed my password as shown, but that just changes my main account that I could already get into. I can view the products that I own from there, but not access anywhere access. Still can only log in to individual devices locally with admin not with my email
Message 3 of 4

@JASykas wrote:
I changed my password as shown, but that just changes my main account that I could already get into. I can view the products that I own from there, but not access anywhere access. Still can only log in to individual devices locally with admin not with my email

I did say that the link between Anywhere Access and MyNetgear can get misaligned. (I have two different email accounts, one of which has no devices attached to it.) But that usually happens when someone uses different email addresses for those

I'm not sure that I follow this bit:

Still can only log in to individual devices locally with admin not with my email

It is the "log in to individual devices" bit that throws me.

Is that with locally with the Nighthawk App and Anywhere Access?

AnywhereAccess_Nighthawk.jpg

Or do you mean a web browser and the graphical user interface (GUI)?

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series