Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Genie acting buggy

Cyberdude52
Novice

Genie acting buggy

I have a R8000 and an EX7000 extender. When I bring up the Genie app I get several devices that show up as "other" even after I have used the modify device setting. In particular the EX7000 always reverts back to other device after setting it to "Wifi Extender". Any ideas? Everything is working great network wise, just bugs me with the software.

Message 1 of 6
netwrks
Master

Lots of complaints about Genie. Everything from crashing laptop's to slowing throughput, etc. Best to uninstall Genei, and login / manage devices through a browser..
Message 2 of 6
rotohead
Novice

Couldn't agree more. I've been fighting a slowdown in throughput since I got the R8000 and two days ago decided to uninstall Genie and boy what a difference. No more slowdowns or disconnects. The Genie app is worthless anyway.
Message 3 of 6
Tsparky
Aspirant

Genie was slowing down PC operations to a crawl when opening several web pages at once within Firefox. Granted I open 20-30 web pages / sites at once but Genie "traffic" monitoring was causing this slow down. Disable Genie auto start and problem went away. Genie is still installed on my computer and I will start it only when needed. The web based router management recommended above is probably the best solution.
Message 4 of 6
Frankhere1
Aspirant

Cyberdude52, What version of 'genie' are you using? The latest that I see is v 2.3.1.57. I too have this 'other' issue that I see. I have also found this common even on Linksys Smart Wifi ( which is their version of 'genie'. Regards
Message 5 of 6
Frankhere1
Aspirant

FYI - I have removed genie to 'test' better router/extender performance.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7