Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear Genie App for Android - Login Remote access - No Internet connection detected.

Xdaveox
Guide

Re: Netgear Genie App for Android - Login Remote access - No Internet connection detected.

It seems as it is in there log in servers as it has been going since app update 2.4.34 that is only there to make us think tjat is the problem but i got ahold of all previous apps and the same thing after uninstalling and reinstalling and no good also created a new user and seen it was very hard to do and when it was accepted verification link kept saying oops something went wrong then it went through on the 3rd resend of confirmation link but yer still the same "no internet connection detected"
Message 51 of 85

Same issue. I have the R6700.
Message 52 of 85
RPEscue81
Guide

I have been intouch with Level 2 Support and they are aware of the problem and are working hard to correct it.  They gave me a Beta to try.  It did eliminate the problem of showing No internet connection detected, but was very slow when accessing remotely away from the actual router (operating remotely on site worked perfect).  I sent them a very detailed report so I hope they will get back soon with further corrections.  I too think there is a problem with their information server, but I have no problem at all when I use the PC app, so I do not know if there are different servers involved or if it is a problem in the android interface..  The only issues are when the Android app is used.

Message 53 of 85
XabiAmon
Aspirant

Same issue. Galaxy S5 Android 6 Geniue 2.4.34
I bought this Router especially for this feature. 

Please NETGEAR fix this asap.

Xabier

Message 54 of 85
Xdaveox
Guide

RPEscue81 can u give a link to beta to try its beyond a joke now u spend heaps on a 1st class piece of tech that doesnt meet the hype major downer
Message 55 of 85
RPEscue81
Guide

Hi,

There are still major problems.  Today both apps one for PC and Android do not work as the remote access server is down.  They were to call back today and talk to me, but I have not heard anything yet.  I think they must be working on the server and waiting until it is back up again.  Until that is fixed all of us are out of luck.  I will keep all informed as to the progress being made and we will see you get a link when they have something that works on a consistant basis. 

Message 56 of 85
RPEscue81
Guide

The Remote server is up and running again.  Support contacted me that they are running tests to see if they can reproduce the issues I am seeing with the Android App Beta.  Now I am seeing the same slow responce and need to refresh a page several times to populate on the PC App as well as the Android Beta.  I have sent Support an analysis of current operational issues and will keep all informed as to progress that is made.

Message 57 of 85
Yner
Guide

Thanks for doing this. Do they realize this is happening to a lot of people? Have they seem this thread?
Message 58 of 85
RPEscue81
Guide

Yes, I was told that the Support team is aware this has happened to a bunch of people and are working to correct the situation asap. They are communicating with the software engineers to apply the necessary fixes on the Genie App before adding it to the official release. Hopefully they will figure out what happened soon and we will get a much improved product.

Message 59 of 85
Vcap
Guide

I'm sure most of us appreciate your efforts and somewhat success on this.  All of mine seemed to go nowhere and end with aggrivation.  So I definately look forward to your responses.  I gratefully say "THANK YOU" for your efforts with this.

Message 60 of 85
Roger00000
Initiate

I have the same problem with my R6400 (AC1750)

Remote app doesn't work on phone (No internet Connection detected)

A few days ago, I think I created an account using the desktop app. If I try again now, it says

"The system failed to respond at this moment, try again later"

BUGGY BUGGY BUGGY.

This tells me it is not stricktly an android problem.

I need something that works...shopping for something else.

Message 61 of 85

If you have an Android phone make sure to go give their app a nice review for such a poor sense of urgency to fix this. I'm going to reconsider Netgear for personal use and stop recommending them at my job.
Message 62 of 85
Roger00000
Initiate

Done (reviewed in Google Play store)

Message 63 of 85
Xdaveox
Guide

Waiting for a call back again i reminded them about the reality of false advertising and it clearly states that you can connect via remote source using app well ill keep y'all posted
Message 64 of 85
gweedo1
Aspirant

ive been having same issue i bought this router when it came out not cheap at $200. bought it for this feature and now its not working from what i see its not just me having the 

No Internet connection detected issue. and it seems there is no Netgear techs here trying to help us out might have to re think about buying NETGEAR products. at least send everyone a email letting us know you know about the issue this sucks 

Message 65 of 85
Xdaveox
Guide

Ok done more research and them rude pricks at netgear know of the problem and u can run the test yourselves download genie for desktop and do netgear speedtest it is as low as 5.1 Kbps and app needs 10 to log in securly so yes we have been lied to nothing we can do. We have enough people for a class action against netgear but the best thing we can do is get router reviewed and compare with other competitors and they wont like being last place in reviews best of luck people
Message 66 of 85

So after opening up two tickets with them, maybe 10 emails back and forth and several posts here, I was finally given the beta apk and that one works. I cannot provide it here as they first ask you to accept an agreement with them, but I would suggest that you open a ticket as well and request the beta which will work until the official release irons out any bugs. Its a bit slow and it does not detect the usb drive in readyshare, but readycloud does, so that is not an issue. Also it does not give the right error message when you input the wrong password making you think servers are down, so verify your password on the website, if you use the beta.

Model: Genie|Desktop| Mobile| and Product Setup Genie
Message 67 of 85
Odysseus75
Aspirant

There is a workaround. Login to your router. Go to the "Advanced" tab, then to "Advanced Setup". Click on "Remote Management". Check the box that says "Turn on remote management". Underneath there's a "Remote Management Address". Copy and paste it to your browser, and you can do it that way.
Message 68 of 85
John6969
Tutor

BTW, the remote access workaround is very flaky. I find that I need to reboot my router every few days or it will stop working. Also, I seem to have to continually re-log in during a remote seesion as it seems to think I am from a different IP address or something even though I am accessing it from the same computer/device. Would be nice if they got the app fixed sometime soon. Thanks to all those pushing them to fix this.....

Message 69 of 85

Not really a work around..the router can be managed remotely through a web address like pretty much any router in the past few years. The problem here is that the official app from netgear is not working. But the beta does work, just no release date for it.

Message 70 of 85
Chromejob
Tutor

Google Play offers a Beta function in which you can subscribe to Beta versions of apps. The Android client even lists them in a separate tab. 

Netgear, please open up a Beta version participation for those of us complaining about this. I need to log into my router this morning and neither web remote access or the Genie app are working, both functioned fine a few months ago! 

Message 71 of 85
Chromejob
Tutor

Your post was a month ago, Dexter. How about some news? Your Android app team is prolonging an issue that prevents using a feature that is clearly advertised by Netgear. Bad reviews and customer dissatisfaction will only increase.... 😉 

@DexterJB wrote:

Hi all,

Let me check on this and I will provide an update once available.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 72 of 85
gweedo1
Aspirant

thanks but as i mentioned i payed 200 bucks for this router for these feature and i shouldnt have to download beta"s my app should work. this is clearly something on netgears end you should have a fix its been over a month already. any help from net gear would really be apreciated make us feel like valued customer as we all payed big bucks investing in good equipment hate to regret it and the people ive told about buying this router is alot that hurts my reputation as i work for a cable company and deal with multiple customers everyday and ive mentioned how these features are awesome. PLEASE FIX QUICKLY

Message 73 of 85
JohnNadeau
Apprentice

NETGEAR... Seriously?

It's been over one month since this issue was reported!!!

I, like many others, have been experiencing this problem and anticipating a timely solution from you.

What is the problem?  When will a solution be provided?

Message 74 of 85
AgentSASK
Aspirant

Netgear i am in agreement with the community. One of the main features that made us buy this box was remote capabilities and with that currently down everyone is upset and the response from your team is very poor. If you dont rectify this issue and communicate better with the community you will indeed loose millions of customers. Not good enough at alll
Message 75 of 85
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7