Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Genie not connecting to open DNS for parental controls on Android or Windows 8

APRirvera05
Follower

Netgear Genie not connecting to open DNS for parental controls on Android or Windows 8

Hi everyone.

I am not the most tech savvy person, but I am learning.  I have a very resourceful 15 year old I am desperately trying to protect from various websites and this issue is driving me crazy as it seems to be exactly what I'm looking for but simply not working.  I have an Open DNS account I created online, I have certain sites blocked through that accunt oline which is connected to my Netgear.  But I can type them in and visit them from any device connected to the internet via this router.  When I try to login in to the Open DNS, I get this an error message saying to verify that I'm connected to the internet and try again.  I am obviously connected to the internet as I'm online posting to this forum.  Is anyone else experiencing this?  How was it resolved?  

Please help!!!!

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 2
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Netgear Genie not connecting to open DNS for parental controls on Android or Windows 8

Hi @APRirvera05,

I would like to gather additional information for me to provide you with recommendations:

1. May I know if you have setup the Parental Controls feature of the NETGEAR device through the NETGEAR Genie program?

2. May I know the model number of your NETGEAR device?

3. May I know the firmware version of your NETGEAR device?

4. Have you tried logging in to your OpenDNS account through the NETGEAR Genie program?

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7