Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear Nighthawk App

kinporsch
Follower

Netgear Nighthawk App

Is anyone else having problems with this app? It won’t let me log in to my router to view/change settings. Seems like a lot of other people are having issues with Netgear as well.

Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

are you able to access it through the browser?

Are you on ios? or android? 

Message 2 of 5
JToonz1
Aspirant

Same the app is junk and it seams that netgear is in no rush to resolve it.
Message 3 of 5
WOOKIECOOKIES81
Aspirant

Depending on your model and firmware, the app may have limited or no functionality. I have an R9000, which is still sold in stores, but it pre-dates the Nighthawk app by several years and the app is designed for the newer Nighthawk routers that have a different OS, so the app does little with my Nighthawk router. My Nighthawk router and the older pre-Nighthawk routers I still have, used the Netgear Genie app, which Netgear discontinued and removed from access, in favor of the Nighthawk app, which doesn't work well at all with older hardware. 

Message 4 of 5

@WOOKIECOOKIES81 wrote:

Depending on your model and firmware, the app may have limited or no functionality.

This is important, especially the firmware bit. The app and the firmware are closely related.

You need the right firmware on a device to be able to use features on the app.

As @kinporsch didn't tell us which devices they have, and tell us next to nothing about any problems, it is impossible to suggest what they can try to fix it.

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series