Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: NightHawk X6 R8000 with a EX7500 Extender

Jonathansands12
Aspirant

NightHawk X6 R8000 with a EX7500 Extender

Can someone please help me!

I have the Nighhawk R8000 router paired with a EX7500 extender.

The extender is showing all blue lights.

The wiliest.local says its all up and running great.

On the app, it shows the extender but a dotted line, when i click on it it says i need to update. I go through the process.....its updated. I go back to the app and nothing has changed, still a dotted line and says firmware needs to update.

How can it be all blue and the website saying its all good but the app wont connect to it and says constant update?

Its affecting some of my ARLO cameras.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Model: EX7500|AC2200 Nighthawk X4S Tri Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 5
n0ckturn4l
Aspirant

Hey, are you able to connect to devices from the extender with no problems? I have noticed that the app is buggy when it comes to extenders, but my devices still connect and the extender is working. 

Message 2 of 5
Jonathansands12
Aspirant

It’s a two part answer:

Yes - my router is one one side of my house and most of my gear on the other. I use the 5ghz mostly and the extended helps push the signal all the way across

The weird thing is with the 2.4ghz, I have solid signals but I still have a weak signal from one Arlo camera that’s literally 5 feet from the extender. It makes no sense why this camera, if next to an extender, is the weakest camera on my list.

Also, this still doesn’t explain why the Nighthawk app keeps saying the firmware of the EX7500 is still out, when it fact it’s been updated and shows so.

Please note I have the Arlo base station connected to the router.
Message 3 of 5
n0ckturn4l
Aspirant

I get the same results as you with 2.4 and the extender, it is just too slow so I stick with 5.0 for pretty much everything. If I do use the 2.4, I just use it straight from the router and dont bother with the extender. As for the app, all I can think of is that it is either a bug or it glitched out when you first started the update. The app is very buggy with me at times so I dont find this surprising. 

Message 4 of 5

@Jonathansands12 wrote:

The weird thing is with the 2.4ghz, I have solid signals but I still have a weak signal from one Arlo camera that’s literally 5 feet from the extender. It makes no sense why this camera, if next to an extender, is the weakest camera on my list.

What is this Arlo camera?

Until recently, with a few exceptions, Arlo cameras have had nothing to do with your local wifi network. They talk to their own hub and that has to be plugged into the router or, in your case, possibly the extender. There is no hub to router/extender wifi link.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7