Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk app not logging in to r7000 router

ARMD
Aspirant

Nighthawk app not logging in to r7000 router

running iphone ios 15.4  unable to log into my router with the nighthawk app. i have changed the router password and deleted the special characters without success. i have deleted the nighthawk app several times without success.

Is there an issue with the IOS or router software (updated to latest version)

Alson not running a VPN

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 19

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: New - R7000 Firmware Version 1.0.11.134 Released

Let us know if a reset and setup from scratch and ensure you log out of the router web page works to help get the NH app to fully connect. 

@ARMD wrote:

I forgot i can backup my settings then reset router and import the settings again.

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 19

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk app not logging in to r7000 router

Are you able to log in through the browser? 

We've been seeing a lot of reports of people not able to use the app to log in. 

Message 2 of 19
ARMD
Aspirant

no using nighthawk app.  no problem using safari to log in to router using 192.168.1.1

Message 3 of 19
ARMD
Aspirant

any other insights into the app issue?

Message 4 of 19
plemans
Guru

we're waiting on netgear to have a response/app update as well. 

I've seen some try a factory reset but it doesn't help many

Message 5 of 19
ARMD
Aspirant

there was a recent app update but it did not help. i do not want to reset the router and will wait and see. 

Message 6 of 19
calli
Guide

Had the same problem with the Nighthawk App - timed out.

Solved the problem after reset - it had 2 active logins.

Told it to close them and then opened setting on PC.

Nighthawk then miraculously worked and is still working.

Message 7 of 19
ARMD
Aspirant

what did you reset. did you reset the router back to factory settings?? If so i have trusted devices on my network by using access control. will i have to readd all these devices again if i reset the router?

Message 8 of 19
ARMD
Aspirant

I forgot i can backup my settings then reset router and import the settings again.

Message 9 of 19
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us know if a reset and setup from scratch and ensure you log out of the router web page works to help get the NH app to fully connect. 

@ARMD wrote:

Message 10 of 19
ARMD
Aspirant

a bit nerve racking but i factory reset router then logged in and reinstalled my prior configuration. went to nighthawk app and deleted all other devices since it said i exceeded five. and now i am in using the app.

Thank you all very much.

Message 11 of 19
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Enjoy. 🖖

Message 12 of 19
jbraun
Tutor

As others have mentioned, I used to be able to login into my R7000 router with fw V1.0.11.134_10.2.119 using the Nighthawk Android app.  I can easily login via regular browser (on same phone as app even), I've uninstalled the NH app but no difference.  Not sure if this happened after last fw upgrade.

Message 13 of 19
ARMD
Aspirant

I had to factory reset router and reinstall my settings. relogging in to netgear app now works. i just updated the netgear app and same issue happened and again had to reset router and reimport my settings. now the app once again works on my iphone. it is a pain in the neck to have to keep doing this and not sure why it is happening.

Message 14 of 19
ARMD
Aspirant

my nighthawk app keeps kicking me out of my router and i have to keep factory resetting it. this is annoying and not sure why this keeps happening.

Message 15 of 19
ARMD
Aspirant

i have done this but it goes back to not signing in from the app. is there another way to delete active devices other than factory reset router and go through  resigning in on the app and deleting devices. is there somewhere in the router settings or netgear site to let me delete the devices?

Message 16 of 19
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 17 of 19
Rottenweiler
Tutor

IF on a newer iOS device,

Try disabling WiFi Private Address and Limit IP address tracking on the phone.

If using an iOS device, go to settings, Wifi, click the blue "info" circle icon, scroll down, turn OFF Private WiFi Address and turn OFF Limit IP tracking...

THEN restart phone, try loading Nighthawk app again.

(NOT my original work, found while scrolling 1000 community forum posts on Netgear*com)

Good luck, Hope that helps. Worked instantly for me and I have been struggling for DAYS to fix this problem.

Message 18 of 19
ARMD
Aspirant

still did not work. of note is on the r7000 router there is no remote access available to turn on. that option is gone.

Message 19 of 19
Discussion stats
  • 18 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7