Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Unable to register new R8000P router, idiotic support interface prevents me from contacting supp

sokeef11
Follower

Unable to register new R8000P router, idiotic support interface prevents me from contacting support

Shrotly after purchase, I registered my Netgear R8000P router via the Nighthawk app (on an Android phone), but this registration does not show up on my online profile at netgear.com. After logging in and navigating to the 'my products' tab, it tells me that no devices are registered to my account.
  Frustratingly, I'm unable to now register it to my account, online, as attempting to either gets me an error message (serial number already registered), or an error prompt (something went wrong. Please contact support team.) I was able to send a support request at that point (online case# 40117033)....we're now approaching one week with no response.

Even more frustrating, this ass-backwards support system prevents me from directly emailing or calling about resolving this problem, as without being able to register (which is precisely my issue), I am unable to generate a support request.  Nor can I follow up on a previously-submitted case, because why would anyone want to ever do something like that without having to waste an hour with this inane support via the community forum crap.

Thanks for nothing, so far, Netgear. I don't have much optimism for the support department's efficacy when I actually will need them, someday, if you make it this difficult to even report a problem to begin with.

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S—AC4000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: Unable to register new R8000P router, idiotic support interface prevents me from contacting supp

@sokeef11 wrote:

Shrotly after purchase, I registered my Netgear R8000P router via the Nighthawk app (on an Android phone), but this registration does not show up on my online profile at netgear.com. After logging in and navigating to the 'my products' tab, it tells me that no devices are registered to my account.

Any chance that the system somehow created a new account for you?

netgear.com is not the best way into "your account".You can easily find yourself connecting to any number of things that you can sign up for, including this place.

It should be mynetgear.com although it takes you to

https://www.netgear.com/mynetgear/portal/myProducts.aspx

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7