Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Update to the latest Nighthawk App (formerly NETGEAR Up) WiFi Simplified

BretD
Admin

Update to the latest Nighthawk App (formerly NETGEAR Up) WiFi Simplified

nighthawk-app-screenshot.png

“NETGEAR Up” is now the “Nighthawk App” with all the same great features and much more to come!

The Nighthawk® App makes it easy to set up your router and get more out of your WiFi. With the app, you can install your router in few steps - just connect your mobile device to the router network and the app will walk you through the rest. Once set up, you can use the intuitive dashboard to manage your connected devices, check your Internet connection speeds, set up smart parental controls and much more!

The Nighthawk App is available on Google Play Store and Apple App Store. Visit here for more details: nighthawk-app.com

Some of the key features:

• nighthawk-app-icon.pngSmart Parental Controls— Easily manage content & time online with Circle® with Disney
  • Internet Speed Test— Check the broadband speeds from your service provider.
  • Pause Internet— Pause the Internet to any device.
  • Traffic Meter— Track Internet data usage.
  • Guest Networks— Setup separate WiFi access for guests.
  • Quick Setup— Get connected in just minutes.

Stay tuned more features coming to Nighthawk App in the future.

Have you updated to the Nighthawk App? Let us know in the comments below.

Message 1 of 64
kboy24
Apprentice

Re: Update to the latest Nighthawk App (formerly NETGEAR Up) WiFi Simplified

This app works about as well as the genie app. Both garbage with no SUPPORT!!! Back to Linksys.

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 2 of 64
kjkidz
Aspirant

I just received your email to  download your app and get the latest firmware.  I downloaded the app to my iPhone - however I cannot log into it.  It says my password for admin is incorrect - I logged into myrouter login and the password I am typing is correct yet I still cannot log into the app to get this connected and working properly.  Is there someone that can help me?

Message 3 of 64
kboy24
Apprentice

The Nighthawk app doesn't even see my R8000 Router  with my phone lying on top of it let alone getting to the login portion. Now with that Genie app I am not allowed to login to that either. I get the timeout error basically. With the genie app on my iphone locally I never see their "netgear##" wifi connection and Remotely via the app I get to the sending email for confirmation and I never receive it.  So wish us both luck! My router works fine though I just access it via 192.168.1.1 internet address. My real **bleep** is I can't use any of these slick features without accessing these non working apps. I ordered a wireless adaptor /usb to hook up to my PC to see if it can detect the network. This has gotten so confusing now it's just ridiclious with all these damn logons, passwords BS and so on! I'm Pissed.

PS...I see BretD is busy pushing Power Gloves..LOL

Message 4 of 64
BretD
Admin

@kboy24

Thanks for your patience over this holiday weekend!

Are you sure the WiFi on your phone is turned on and connected the R8000 router? We are talking to our engineers to take a look at this specific router just in case there is an issue with it.

Let us know if this helped you.

-Bret

Message 5 of 64
kboy24
Apprentice

BretD, Gracias my man for the reply. In all honesty I forgot it was a holiday weekend. Doesn't say much for my church attendance eh?  Yes it connected to my router. " coronabeach24" is my wifi name and it is connected. Now my liftmaster garage door opener won't connect to the new router and come to find out it has to be 2.4 which is another ticket I guess. LOL...I've written down the issues I'm having with this router in my response. I also purchased the CM1000 netgear modem as my new cable modem. I always like to use the same manufactuer when possible for a better "Handshake" ya know. I spent 20+ years installing Electronic PBXs for NEC and building my own PCs, etc..for decades so I have some experience with electronics, software, hardware and firmware. The router works great! But there is no access except the IP 192.168.1.1 access but I can't enjoy any of those slick features. I ordered a netgear AC600 adaptor to connect to my PC to see if it detects my network. I sure hope it ain't something simple after all the grief I've been spewing..LOL   It seems to be a detection issue with one app and no email with another for confirmation. Much thanks for your response BretD. Hopefully this can be worked out I really luv this router and the cable modem working great too. Did I get ya with the power glove remark?  Just messing with ya, Thanks, Kevin

Message 6 of 64
DesMoines
Guide

I don't understand the logic of making me get an app to update the router when it was working fine the way I had been doing it.  What would I do if I did not have a smart phone?

Message 7 of 64
fury88
Star

How do I pause/resume on the iOS iPhone app? I see a column header but there is nothing to top or press to toggle!
Message 8 of 64
SFDD
Initiate

I have netgeae genie it works was such a hassle to keep it password always was wrong finally working right I never had netgear up app do I have to change to nighthawk app?
Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 9 of 64
fury88
Star

I use it as well. It was finally fixed after a years worth of broken that I reported. Figured I’d try this new one. Seems like it might be an all around management tool. My fear is they are going to drop their access control tools exclusively for Circle. DON’T DO IT, NETGEAR!! I’m not paying for access control. Screw Disney in that regard!
Message 10 of 64
SFDD
Initiate

Thanks no kiddos so who cares about Disney
Message 11 of 64
Itsmelori
Aspirant

I’m having the same problem.
Message 12 of 64
rpmurph83
Guide

just downloaded the app and i agree its about as useless as the genie app. I have an R7800 and the pause internet feature doesnt work on the genie app or on netgear up. You click the radio button to pause the internet for a device and 30 seconds later the button enables on its own. Same thing happens in the genie app. As a matter of fact the whole access control feature of the nighthawk routers doesnt work properly unless you want to use a workaround. Really wish netgear would address this...my last 4 highend routers have all been netgear, but my next will probably wont be if this continues.

Message 13 of 64
DesMoines
Guide

Still waiting for a response on how to update the router without a smart phone

Message 14 of 64
kboy24
Apprentice

Yeah, I asked if we we're missing out on a big deal security update and I got no response from anyone. This is pretty sad as far as customer service and support goes.

Model: A6100|WiFi USB Mini Adapter,R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 15 of 64
kboy24
Apprentice

BretD how about turning back the firmware to an earlier update? Hello!!!!!

Message 16 of 64
kboy24
Apprentice

Anyway I rolled my firmware back to V.1.0.3.32_1.121 with the same results and I am now back to V1.0.4.12_10.1.46 also with the same results. Some where I saw a .54 update for this. Anyone else see that?

PS...Reset to Factory settings...

Message 17 of 64
fury88
Star

Message 18 of 64
kboy24
Apprentice

Thanks but that's not my problem here.

Message 19 of 64
kboy24
Apprentice

DesMoines I just access my router via 192.168.1.1 and go to admin and use the firmware upgrade feature. But first find the firmware ya need and download to your desktop so you know where it's at when prompted by "Firmware Management"

Message 20 of 64
kboy24
Apprentice

BradD, Any news yet???  (insert sound of crickets here) 

Message 21 of 64
Obiwan_
Apprentice

I have two R7900P routers at one location. I installed the Nighthawk and see some use. App Version 2.13.325 Firmware v1.3.0.11_1.2.2(Test)

The one thing I noticed is that the Speed Test doesn't work. It is the Okla based speed test that I have installed on my phone  (Samsung S8). The Okla Speed test on my phone works great. If I run the speed test on either router with the Nighthawk app, it says "COULD NOT CONNECT". What is with that?????????????? Anyone have the SPEED TEST portion of the app work?

Model: R7900|Nighthawk X6 AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 22 of 64
kboy24
Apprentice

Smiley LOLLOL...I wish, That App won't even see my router.

Message 23 of 64
PerfectRed
Tutor

Have you resolved this issue? Mine is doing the exact same thing!

Thanks!
Message 24 of 64
PerfectRed
Tutor

Does anyone know how to pause/resume and block devices on the iOS app? I have the header, but no buttons to switch on an off!
Message 25 of 64
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7