Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

nighthawk app will not accept the correct password

killerJ
Initiate

nighthawk app will not accept the correct password

I forgot my password for the Nighthawk app on my  phone. I logged into www.routerlogin.net page from my computer. Changed the password there. Tried using that password to login to the Nighthawk app on the phone but says the password is incorrect. I used the "forgot password?" to try and reset PW. It gives me a password recovery step which does not make sense because there appears to be no feature to recover password. Do I have to factory reset my router then?

Message 1 of 5
killerJ
Initiate

Re: nighthawk app will not accept the correct password

I don't but I had to reset the router 4 times and kept trying to reconnect with the app which the nighthawk app works like **bleep** most of the time. Took me about 5 hours of trying but I think it eventually is working.

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Factory reset and setup from scratch using a wired PC and web browser. Once set up, try the NH app again. 

Be sure to write down all important information for safe keeping. 

Message 3 of 5
Bajaskier
Aspirant

Stupid me! The router login is different from the Netgear login. Problem solved.

Message 4 of 5

Stupid? Not at all. Confused, maybe.

I can think of at least three "Netgear" passwords. This place, MyNetgear and your router.They aren't always the same.

Throw in whatever you use for things like your Dynamic DNS and is it any wonder that people get lost?

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7