× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New XR1000 Router is a bust!

67c10
Aspirant

And this one
Message 26 of 35
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

And I assume you're still not getting internet that way? You must have had another router before the XR is that right? If so, copy the MAC address from that and enter it into the XR. Some ISPs are funny when it comes to connecting something new, so by making it appear as the old router it may allow a connection.
Message 27 of 35
67c10
Aspirant

That worked. Do I just leave it like this? I plan on using my old router as an access point. Thank you for all of your time. I greatly appreciate it.
Message 28 of 35
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Great! Yes just leave it like that for now, that should be fine but if not change the old router MAC address if possible. You're very welcome!
Message 29 of 35
hopsmack
Guide

I did finally get it to work with level 3 tech support from my local ISP, but I wish I hadn't.  This router is complete garbage.  The DumaOS is a joke.  Its so slow that nothing works and everything times out.  Changing the QOS settings to try to cap network speeds by device does absolutely nothing.  Devices blow past that cap like it doesn't exist.  That was one of the main reasons I purchased this unit was to have better control over devices on the network so that gaming devices were not lagging out while streaming videos on TVs, well that doesn't work at all.  On top of that, half the time devices connecting to the wifi signal connect to the wifi, but the internet doesn't work on the device due to DNS conflicts, wtf!!  This thing is trash and I will be calling in to send it back and look at something from Asus or another vendor. 

Message 30 of 35
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@hopsmack I assume you're referring to Bandwidth Allocation, you need to disable Share Excess for them to be limited to what you have allocated them. Congestion Control mainly will eliminate local congestion on the network when you're gaming, combined with Traffic Prioritization which will prioritize gaming above all else. How have you set it up with your existing modem/router?
Message 31 of 35
One1go
Guide

I have problems with this router as well...  1 min. or so after booting, I cannot access de admin page.  The router works as I have internet access, I can ping its LAN address, but no access to admin page, which makes it unmanageable.  I have tried erasing all settings and setting up from scratch, but  same issues...  After 10 minutes, the admin page start replying for like 30 seconds, but again it fails after a shot while...  I had an XR500 without any problems, except that Geofilter was failing for some servers in US, so I upgraded to this model as it had Polygon Geo-fencing, which fixed my issues, but now I'm running into this... I'm seriously considering returning the router to Amazon and going back to XR500...

Message 32 of 35
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@One1go how are you trying to access the interface, via routerlogin.net or the LAN IP? Is there any difference depending on the way you access it?
Message 33 of 35
One1go
Guide

Normally I access through the IP (192.168.10.1 in my case, as I am behind a 192.168.1.1 router from Movistar), but when it fails to load admin page, it fails also with routerlogin.net.  I am having the problem right this moment...  I am going to open a case to see if you guys can fix this, or else I will have to return this router.  Much to my regrets, as I find the feature set of this router to be great, specially the Geo-filtering with Poligons, which is why I bought it...

With the XR500 I had few problems, but since I didn't have the poligons option, I switched to the XR1000, but I'm having these issues. 

Also I use it to play Halo5 with the Geo-filtering, and most of the days I get kicked out of the first few games I try, and then it starts working and doesn't fail again...  When it fails I don't see any servers blocked in the geofencing page, so I don't know what's going on...

Any ideas?

Message 34 of 35
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

So to confirm,  your current connection to the XR is XR1000 -> Movistar -> PC?

If so, do you experience the same issues connecting directly to the XR?

What firmware version are you currently one?

Message 35 of 35
Discussion stats
  • 34 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 11 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7