× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RX 500 - destiny 2 problem with geo filter

empireurn99
Aspirant

hi, I've a ex7500 - which has stopped working. Customer service used to be ok - but is now uncontactable. Has netgear been taken over and all support been removed?! It is impossible to contact support and my EX 7500 will be in the bin soon -  with reviews to follow. Used to be ok but something has changed and product and service seem to have died. I am logged in but unable to create a new topic.

Message 26 of 143
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Message 27 of 143
Stami
Tutor

salve , volevo sapere se ci sonop stati miglioramenti con il geofilter

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 28 of 143
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Abbiamo ora rilasciato un paio di aggiornamenti cloud per risolvere questo problema. Si prega di risincronizzare il cloud dal menu a tre righe sulla mappa del filtro geografico e testarlo di nuovo!
Facci sapere come te la cavi.

Message 29 of 143
benur01
Guide

Hello,can you explain in english what is new about our geo filter problem on destiny2,and what we have to do now, any maj or restart the routeur or anything else?
Thanks a lot
Message 30 of 143
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

We've pushed a couple of cloud updates recently to help with this, they should be pushed to your router automatically, but if not you can simply go to the three line menu in the top left corner of the Geo-filter map and click "Resync cloud". Then setup your Destiny profile, set a radius and search for a game, you should find you get connected to a local server.

Message 31 of 143
Dunaz
Guide

Great job guys, thanks for fixing the geofilter, now everything works thanks for everything you did
Message 32 of 143
Stami
Tutor

questo aggiornamento ti consente di filtrare i server dedicati in destiny 2 

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 33 of 143
benur01
Guide

Geofilter work again yesterday but today it seems to don t work again ?
Am i alone in that problem or not?
Do you change anything again ?
Message 34 of 143
benur01
Guide

I m on 2.3.2.114 version....
Message 35 of 143
benur01
Guide

And when i try "flush cloud",it search and always the same message that it take too long time to refresh...
Message 36 of 143
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

When that message occurs it's fine, it will have flushed properly. Are you getting kicked before the game loads in? If so is there a blocked server in the middle of the US?
Message 37 of 143
benur01
Guide

Thank s for your answer
I m not getting kicked when i load a game.
I m in france,i geo located my position in "la reunion" near madagascar,but i can see server in usa like this image
Message 38 of 143
benur01
Guide

I have this message(in french) when i try to flush the cloud,is this okay?
Message 39 of 143
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

If you zoom in on europe the game host/server will be there, the ones in the US are authentication servers required for you to play the game - they won't impact your game ping. If you're wanting to force a game you will need to put Ping Assist to 0 but it is best to force games closer to you.
Message 40 of 143
benur01
Guide

My ping assist is at 0 since a lot of time,i don t have change anything,why the geofilter don t work again today?no soucy yesterday with the same setting!
Am i alone with this problem?
Message 41 of 143
Dunaz
Guide

You need to start destiny after you turn on filtering, after you see that it works
Message 42 of 143
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Make sure you reboot the game after making any changes as suggested above.

As Fraser mentions, forcing a very distant server won't always work consistently as you'll have very high latency, you're usually better off playing on local servers where you get a good connection.

Message 43 of 143
Stami
Tutor

comunque il gioco sceglie da solo il server , anche se neghi alcuni server . quindi e inutile il geofilter se non blocca i server e le persone che non vuoi

Message 44 of 143
Stami
Tutor

vorrei aggiungere che quando attivo il geofilter e entro nel gioco non mi fa unire a nessuno per colpa del nat di tipo 2 . solo se disattivo il geofilter posso unirmi ad un altro giocatore.come se stesse creando interferenza con i server . se autorizzo un mio amico nella lista bianca non lo fa comunque unire , solo se disattivo il filtro allora puo unirsi. Io utilizzavo xr500 per selezionare giocatori in italia , se lo faccio adesso trovo tutto tranne italiani ed hanno un pign altissimo che rende le partite ingiocabili

Message 45 of 143
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

On PlayStation, NAT type 2 is fine, it just means the console is connected to a router and the router is configured to forward any ports the PS needs.

If you are making these changes in Geo-filter to allow your friends, you may find you then need to reboot the game in order for you to then be able to join your friends and vice versa.

Message 46 of 143
benur01
Guide

I don t understand,it s ok for the géolocalisation but when i try to join a friend or vice versa it s not possible because of the nat 2 type.
What i have to do to play with them like before the destiny 2 maj?
Thank s
Message 47 of 143
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@benur01 NAT Type 2 is open, that won't be the cause, you can see how to add your friends at the bottom of this guide: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000077072-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-g... you will be able to have them on your team, not as your opponent
Message 48 of 143
Stami
Tutor

penso non sia piu possibile perche destiny ha i server dedicati adesso . bisogna aspettare che la netgear rilasci un aggiornamento che permette di filtrare con precisione il server . perche appena autorizzi il server  prende il sopravvento

Message 49 of 143
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Ora abbiamo eseguito un aggiornamento cloud, dovresti essere in grado di filtrare i server. In caso contrario, qualcosa verrà bloccato, molto probabilmente nel mezzo degli Stati Uniti, se lo consenti, funzionerà. Quel server è per l'autenticazione, non avrà alcun impatto sul ping del tuo gioco
Message 50 of 143
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7