× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Best settings for xbox one and xr450

Sur_justin
Aspirant

Best settings for xbox one and xr450

So I recently just bought the nighthawk xr450 and I only have an Xbox one to game. I need help knowing what settings to run!!!!! I have at&t u-verse as my ISP but I always come up with a double bat or I drop internet a lot, also my phone connections are running slow as well. Is there anything that can just drop a link of their settings or help walkthrough the setup with me? Help is very appreciated
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Wired connection between the router and xbox is preferred. 

Disable "Instant ON" feature on the xbox. 

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the NG router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the NG router gets from the modem.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Set WPA2 and AES only for wifi security. 

Disable IPv6, MIMO(if you don't have any MIMO supporting devices) and 160HT on the router. 

Review this as well:

http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000023979-optimal-settings-guide

Message 2 of 5
Sur_justin
Aspirant

model number of ISP modem is 5268ACFXN not sure what mfr is though
Firmware is 2.3.2.32
Message 3 of 5
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

I recommend you read the DumaOS Optimal Settings guides. They include how to get an open NAT and how to setup Geo-Filter and QoS to get the best ping:

http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/folders/16000090646

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Your ISP modem I believe has a router already built in:

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the NG router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the NG router gets from the modem.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the NG router to the modem, LAN to LAN configure AP mode on the NG router.

@Sur_justin wrote:
model number of ISP modem is 5268ACFXN not sure what mfr is though
Firmware is 2.3.2.32

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7