× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: DumaOS Traffic Prioritisation

bread941
Tutor

DumaOS Traffic Prioritisation

Does traffic prioritisation work with QoS disabled? 

It definitely still detect the high priority traffic, as indicated by the red light but I was wondering if it still applies that prioritisation with the QoS feature disabled.

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

If you use Bandwidth Allocation on default then it basically isn't doing anything so you can ignore that. You need to re-enable QoS from the Anti-Bufferbloat menu, then select Never on Anti-Bufferbloat. Traffic Prioritization will then work.

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 11

All Replies
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

What firmware version are you on exactly and how did you disable QoS specifically?
Message 2 of 11
bread941
Tutor

Firmware version: XR500 V2.3.2.66

And I disabled QoS via the QoS page. I clicked on the 33 horizontal lines in the left corner of the 'Anti-Bufferbloat' section and checked the box 'Disable QoS'

Message 3 of 11
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

In that case yes Traffic Prioritization should be disabled, do the packets continue to count upwards or is it just the lights that appear on?
Message 4 of 11
bread941
Tutor

The packets remain at 0 with the light on. Is there a way to disable QoS while keeping the traffic prioritisation?
Message 5 of 11
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Ah okay then it is successfully disabled, most likely the light was on prior to disabling and it got stuck on. If you set Congestion Control to Never then it won't limit your speeds/try to control the network and then you can use Traffic Prioritization exclusively.
Message 6 of 11
bread941
Tutor

Ah, that's great! Where abouts in the OS will I find this setting?
Message 7 of 11
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Sorry I meant Anti-Bufferbloat - the panel where you disabled QoS completely originally.
Message 8 of 11
bread941
Tutor

So does make it so that it doesn't use the graph where you allocate download and upload bandwidth for each device?

And if I disable QoS through the buffer bloat, it doesn't count the prioritised packets, it stay on zero. So is it definitely still working even though it doesn't count them? Sorry, I'm confused
Message 9 of 11
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

If you use Bandwidth Allocation on default then it basically isn't doing anything so you can ignore that. You need to re-enable QoS from the Anti-Bufferbloat menu, then select Never on Anti-Bufferbloat. Traffic Prioritization will then work.
Message 10 of 11
bread941
Tutor

Ahhh, that's great. Thank you so much. ❤️
Message 11 of 11
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7