× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Error: Missing JSON response.

Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

There is no specific recommendation but there is a more up to date firmware than you're on I believe so you could try that. You can find them here: https://www.netgear.com/support/product/xr300.aspx#download
Message 26 of 54
Rauko
Guide

NOw I get the json, an undefined also, and there is no radar in geofiltering

Message 27 of 54
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Did you factory reset after doing the upgrade/downgrade? If not please do so, this is recommended after every upgrade as it removes old low level code from the previous version that could cause issues.
Message 28 of 54
Rauko
Guide

Yes I did, I also logged from a brand new buit PC with Windows 10, no extra software, no virus protection, nothing, a blank PC just with the basics, it still gives me the json error.

Man, I gotta tell you, Im 53 years old, Ive been into computers since I was 12, I was there at the dawn of the web in the early 90s, Ive been early adopter of more tech that I can remember , I have all the soft/hardware horror stories you can imagine..... but trust me, this is the worst ever.... by far.

Message 29 of 54
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I can see on the screenshot you have there that the browser has an Adblocker on, can you disable it, refresh the page then see if the errors still appear please?
Message 30 of 54
Rauko
Guide

that shot is probabaly from an earlier pic and its from firefox. I have disabled all extensions on firefox, I used it with Brave, Chrome, Edge, all fresh installs... heck, I even tried with the Tor browser, btw, it doest work with Tor.

I can send you pics with every single one of them if you like. Im gona take the router upstair and try it on a Mac.... I have a feeling it will be the same

Message 31 of 54
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Try doing a downgrade then, I can't see why it would keep happening otherwise unless it's a specific issue on one of the last two versions
Message 32 of 54
Rauko
Guide

here is on firefox

Message 33 of 54
Rauko
Guide

here on Brave, I can keep collecting them, they never stop comming, but... Ill try downgrading... again, one more version down

Message 34 of 54
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Do let us know, also if you're including a screenshot like that, showing the console on the Developer tool panel would be helpful
Message 35 of 54
Rauko
Guide

Allowed the auto update to reinstall de latest version.... tried on opera GX now.... and....

Message 36 of 54
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Are you able to change the XR's LAN IP to be 192.168.1.1 instead of 10.0.0.1? I'm curious as to whether this could be causing a problem somewhere in the backend.

If so, please make that change and reboot the XR, then let us know if the issue persists.

Message 37 of 54
Rauko
Guide

the router will not allow me to do it, it will setup de 10 ip because it says there can be a conflict with another device on the network. the router is connected directly to my ISP{s fiber modem/router, no other things in between

Message 38 of 54
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Try upgrading/downgrading via 10.0.0.1/adv_index.htm instead as that bypasses DumaOS, then after 3 minutes access via the same link and do a factory reset from there, wait 2 minutes and then see if the normal interface loads please.
Message 39 of 54
tprior24
Aspirant

I have been getting the same error since I installed this product on Feb 3 2022.  Not only does this error come up, it drops my internet for a brief 1 to 2 sec.  I tried the suggestions mentioned earlier.  None of those work.  

Message 40 of 54
tprior24
Aspirant

In fact, I am getting more errors when trying to move around within the menu of my router.  When trying topen the Geo-Filter I get this error:  Unable to load: http://192.168.1.1/apps/com.netdumasoftware.geofilter/desktop/devices.js?v=3.0.215&lang=English&them...

Try to open Ping Heater:  Missing JSON response.

Tried to open Device Manager:  

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'store')

Network Monitor:  Missing JSON response

Traffic Controller:  Unable to load: http://192.168.1.1/apps/com.netdumasoftware.trafficcontroller/desktop/rules.js?v=3.0.215&lang=Englis...

I clicked on Settings and it worked.  Went back and hit on each of the menu items mentioned above and they were working fine again, but an hour later the messages above once again showed up.

Message 41 of 54
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Can you just confirm which router you're using and it's currently firmware version?

When these errors occur, are you seeing any entries in the Logs in System Information around this time?

Message 42 of 54
Rauko
Guide

In may case, and after a million different approaches, the solution seamed to be forcing the router an Rx300 to use a 192 based IP. on setup it always auto changed to a 10 based IP not to conflict with my network. I let it do it but I imediatly log via de http://routerlogin.com/adv_index.htm address and change it to 192. It has been workign just fine for now.

In any case, since Im here I have a rather offtopic question, is there any way of stopping numaos from asking me my log and pass every 15 mins or so when I have the page open? its a bit annoying. I want to monitor stuff so I have it open, but every now and then I have to confirm my credentials.

Message 43 of 54
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

@Rauko I'm afraid there isn't a way to reduce the amount your asked for authentication just yet, though I believe this is actually a bug and it's currently being worked on.

Message 44 of 54
Rauko
Guide

well , I guess its a minor annoyance one has to live with for now. In any case its nothing to the json error that was driving me nuts and almost made me toos the router to the trash.

Message 45 of 54
tprior24
Aspirant

NETGEAR Nighthawk WiFi 6 Gaming Router (XR1000) 6-Stream Dual-Band Gigabit Router, AX5400 Wireless Speed (Up to 5.4 Gbps), DumaOS 3.0 App Optimizes Lag-Free Server Connections, 4x 1G Ethernet Ports

Firmware Version 1.0.0.58

Message 46 of 54
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

If you're using Armor please disable this then reboot the router and see if it still occurs
Message 47 of 54
tprior24
Aspirant

As far as any logs, for the past 2 hours, I just keeping getting the JSON error.   Can't access anything.

Message 48 of 54
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You can disable Armor from the Nighthawk app so see if you can connect to that to disable
Message 49 of 54
tprior24
Aspirant

Armor is not activated.

Message 50 of 54
Discussion stats
  • 53 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7