× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I’m having some issues with my Xr1000 and would love some help

AZX_
Guide

I’m having some issues with my Xr1000 and would love some help

I’m having some issues with my Xr1000 and would love some help. Particularly ipv6 keeps having issues when enabled. I’m on the latest firmware. Also I’m having speed issues.. pay for 1.2 GB through xfinity and cannot get past 600mb. My modem is the cm1200.

Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: I’m having some issues with my Xr1000 and would love some help

The onboard connection rate app hasn't worked for most of the XR series. 

So when you have your ethernet connected PC connected, try using Ooklas installable speed test app and test with this app on the PC thru the router and modem with QoS disabled on the router. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 11

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6 is recommended.

What are wired speed test results with a wired PC connected behind the CM1200 with out the XR router in the middle? 

You'll only get around or maybe just over 900Mpbs when connected at the CM modem. You won't see anything more then that.

Be sure your ethernet adapters are up to date on the PC. 

Factory reset the router and setup from scratch. 

I would enter in the up and down speed values during the setup wizard or test with QoS disabled on the router with a wired speed test. 

Message 2 of 11
AZX_
Guide

Thanks for the swift reply.. again I’m on the latest xr1000 firmware no question. The cm1200 modem gets around 950mb when directly connected and I’ve restart my network adapter countless times. Qos enabled or disabled still gets poor results.. the connection benchmark tool in duma Os consistently gets a d rating for download speeds and they are infect set correctly.
Message 3 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

The onboard connection rate app hasn't worked for most of the XR series. 

So when you have your ethernet connected PC connected, try using Ooklas installable speed test app and test with this app on the PC thru the router and modem with QoS disabled on the router. 

Message 4 of 11
AZX_
Guide

Also I just purchased for the second time brand new Ethernet cables.. they are cat8 and the previous were cat7 with same results.
Message 5 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

And can you confirm the FW version that's currently loaded please...

Message 6 of 11
AZX_
Guide

Yea dude, 1.0.0.64.. I’m uploaded the latest firmware multiple times.
Message 7 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

So let us know the results of using that speed test app on your PC you should see near 900Mpbs here. 

Message 8 of 11
AZX_
Guide

No blow 600 mbs every time.. also I did not mean to click that your previous post was a solution…
Message 9 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

So try a factory reset on the XR and setup from scratch. Also I would power OFF the CM modem for 30 seconds then back ON as well. Walk thru the setup wizard on the XR with only the wired PC connected. I would not setup the wifi just yet. Once the setup is completed, I would try the speed test with QoS enabled first, then disable it, reboot then test again...use Ooklas installable speed test app on the wired PC.

Message 10 of 11
AZX_
Guide

I’ll try it and get back to you.
Message 11 of 11
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7