Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Internet Crashes

Saucetradamus
Aspirant

Internet Crashes

Recently bought the Nighthawk AC2100, set it up as per the instructions and after some minor glitches, got it working. After about a day or two of it working, I woke up this morning and all my internet had gone down. My TV, wifi, even wired connection were all down. I tired removing the router from the mix and plugging everything back into my modem directly and tried using the wifi from the modem, nothing was working…..
Finally I had to call my ISP and get them to reset my entire network to get it back up. The only thing that could have caused this is the router???
Anyone have any tips or have had similar issues?
Model: AC2100|Nighthawk AC2100 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Internet Crashes

From the sound of it, your modem is a modem/router combo device. It causes a double nat. 

A double nat happens when you cascade more than 1 router.
https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT
Fixes? There’s 3 options but only use 1.
1. Put the modem/gateway in modem only/pass through mode. This disables its routing functions.
2. Leave the modem/gateway in router mode but put the Netgears IP address into its DMZ. This forwards the data to the netgear. You can either leave the modem/gateway’s wireless enabled or disabled. Just make sure its using a different wifi channel to prevent interference
3. Put the Netgear into access point mode. This disables its routing functions. Wifi/ethernet still works but it does disable some features.
https://kb.netgear.com/26765/Which-features-are-disabled-on-my-NETGEAR-router-when-it-is-set-to-AP-M...

Message 2 of 4
Saucetradamus
Aspirant

Tried those solutions, modem is in bridge mode (non router mode) still not allowing access to internet???
I am very confused with this
Model: AC2100|Nighthawk AC2100 Smart WiFi Router
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

when you switched it to bridge mode, did you power off the modem and let it sit for 2 minutes. then power it back on, give it a couple minutes, then connect the router to it and attempt setup? 
if so, then try one of the other modes. It wouldn't be the first time I'd seen a bridge mode not work properly 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7