× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New Firmware 2.3.2.130 for XR500

Philippe2021
Guide

New Firmware 2.3.2.130 for XR500

To summarize the wonderful features of the firmware 2.3.2.130:

1. The wifi is still not fixed : no samba, no NFS, no SSH; so still forced to use a wifi AP (TPLINK)
  2. No new Rapp, in particular an adblocker which would be very welcome

I purchased this router on June 2021 by Amazon and that was a waste of money. I'm going to update my review accordingly and would keep not recommending Netgear (I have no opinion concerning DumaOS). At least, I hope that the router is more stable.

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the NightHawk Gaming Router products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with NH gaming router products and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this router forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-Routers/bd-p/en-home-nighthawk-pro-gaming-rout...

Please use this link to the main forum product list to review and choose where to make your posts. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Forum/ct-p/en-netgear

Thank you.

@Philippe2021 wrote:

To summarize the wonderful features of the firmware 2.3.2.130:

1. The wifi is still not fixed : no samba, no NFS, no SSH; so still forced to use a wifi AP (TPLINK)
  2. No new Rapp, in particular an adblocker which would be very welcome

I purchased this router on June 2021 by Amazon and that was a waste of money. I'm going to update my review accordingly and would keep not recommending Netgear (I have no opinion concerning DumaOS). At least, I hope that the router is more stable.

Message 2 of 10
Philippe2021
Guide

There is no solution and I wait nothing from Netgear. It's a known bug (SAMBA, NFS and SSH not working by WIFI) due mostly to the fact that the XR500 is and will stay an unfinished product. There were many discussions about this and other problems here.

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the NightHawk Gaming Router products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with NH gaming router products and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this router forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:

Message 3 of 10
Philippe2021
Guide

@jessiemicheal6 wrote:

I have also firmware Router but I cannot face any problem regarding Wifi. I see many reviews there some common issue's in this firmware. 

The wifi works just fine as long as you don't try e.g. to connect your laptop connected by wifi to your NAS.

Message 4 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Please post in the Gaming router forum. There is active users and NetDuma users there that working daily for users help and information. 

What that specific forum is for. 

This forum is for R6 and 7 series model non gaming routers.

Please post your experiences in this thread please:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-Routers/New-XR450-XR500-Firmware-Version-2-3-2...

Thank you. 

Message 5 of 10
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It marks 3.0 coming out of beta so this is a good thing, a new firmware is in the works and I think you'll be very pleased when that is released which won't take as long to come out. We'll be posting some information very soon explaining why there have been delays and what to expect going forward. As far as the issues for NG to fix I'm sure they are working on them.
Message 6 of 10
dallen77
Initiate

I am curious to know what issues you had with SAMBA, NFS and SSH over wifi and what your setup looks like. I use SSH and SAMBA (which is just SMB) between devices on my wireless and/or wired network without issues.

Message 7 of 10
mathmath51
Apprentice

@dallen77 wrote:

I am curious to know what issues you had with SAMBA, NFS and SSH over wifi and what your setup looks like. I use SSH and SAMBA (which is just SMB) between devices on my wireless and/or wired network without issues.

I have the same issue.

Basically my PI with librelec stream using samba video from my computer.

If both are wired to the router no issue.

If my computer is connected to the wifi instead and the PI is wired it can't open any shared directory.

(I alreday tried reboot, change rj45 port etc.)

Message 8 of 10
yakar34392
Aspirant

The new firmware 2.3.2.130 for the XR500 is now available and includes improvements to the following: * Fixed an issue where some security appliances would not update because of a recent change in how URLs are processed by browsers; * Increased browser compatibility with the URL filtering; * Improvements to DNS resolutions when using proxy servers.

Message 9 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-Routers/New-XR450-XR500-Firmware-Version-2-3-2...

@yakar34392 wrote:

The new firmware 2.3.2.130 for the XR500 is now available and includes improvements to the following: * Fixed an issue where some security appliances would not update because of a recent change in how URLs are processed by browsers; * Increased browser compatibility with the URL filtering; * Improvements to DNS resolutions when using proxy servers.

Message 10 of 10
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7