× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New - XR1000 Firmware Version 1.0.0.68 Released

laneyy
Aspirant

Looks like the issue for me is something to do with DHCP (yes I had the range set as 100-200) I set up my own DHCP server and set the lease time to 1 week and it's been stable ever since
Message 51 of 58
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Thanks for the update, good to know our theory is correct, it is something we've passed on before and will have to wait for NG to fix.
Message 52 of 58
laneyy
Aspirant

Is there any updates for this? It's been 3 months now since I've raised the dhcp issue
Message 53 of 58
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

We haven't heard anything from Netgear unfortunately, may be worth raising a ticket with them specifically.
Message 54 of 58
Ur3
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi!

Thank you for sharing this useful information.

Message 55 of 58
Raustal
Guide

Hey Fraser. Would you mind explaining what is happening in regard to the DHCP issue? What is the rationale behind changing the range? What problems is it causing, etc.

Thanks for your time.

Message 56 of 58
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Raustal sure thing, so the issue as far as I can tell is that when the DHCP lease renews it's kicking devices offline, now this isn't unusual if a device is getting a new IP but it should reconnect so quickly that it shouldn't be noticeable at all but that isn't happening. Leading me to believe there is an issue with the lease aspect of DHCP. Adjusting the range to a higher value provides a block of IP addresses that are unaffected by the lease, setting these as reserved for devices means they'll never change IP addresses.
You may think then that changing the range shouldn't matter but for some reason it still occurs if the IPs are within the range.
Message 57 of 58
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 58 of 58
Discussion stats
  • 57 replies
  • 7 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7