× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

New - XR450/XR500 v2.3.2.56 Firmware Update Available...

FURRYe38
Guru

New - XR450/XR500 v2.3.2.56 Firmware Update Available...

New Features and Enhancements:

Support France Free and Orange ISP of the IPTV configuration.
Support GUI login weak password protection.

Bug Fixes:

Fixes security vulnerability issues.

Fixes the issue that cannot detect and prioritize game traffic of Fortnite
Fixes the issue that in traffic prioritization, it can't detect "league of legend" traffic and some other pc games, such as Apex Legend, Monster Hunter and Rainbow Six Siege.
Fixes the issue that the speedtest download speed result will be limited at 500Mbps

Download Links: 

XR450: https://www.netgear.com/support/product/XR450.aspx#download

XR500: https://www.netgear.com/support/product/XR500.aspx#download

Let us know how it works for you...

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 26

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: New - XR450/XR500 v2.3.2.56 Firmware Update Available...

Replied back here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-Routers/XR500-Wifi-No-Internet/td-p/1788959/ju...

@Jl92 wrote:
I have posted my issue in the XR500 forum. This is just a note to mention that with the v56 FW, my internet access ceased on 8/16. I had auto update set on my router. Setup with 5268 AT&T modem was working great for past two months. Not sure if my issue is coincidence but it seems suspicious to come right when the new FW came out. Ive gone through all trouble shooting in manual, factory resets, reboots. Being helped by someone in the other forum but so far no luck.

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 26

All Replies
jordi08110
Tutor

After of received a New router by processing rma with us have The same problem with vlan tag affect to quos, i install this update but not solve this problem, i lose 2 weeks without router and when have the New returned by RMA, dont work the antibuffer quos upload... I very very sad by lose time without future with that.
Message 2 of 26
FURRYe38
Guru

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed after the FW update? 

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

What is "quos"? >QoS? 

@jordi08110 wrote:
After of received a New router by processing rma with us have The same problem with vlan tag affect to quos, i install this update but not solve this problem, i lose 2 weeks without router and when have the New returned by RMA, dont work the antibuffer quos upload... I very very sad by lose time without future with that.

Message 3 of 26
jordi08110
Tutor

Yes the qos dont work in upload with vlan tag, reset configuration before and after install update, think this update dont solve big problems... i test with various modems arcadyan livebox fibre (in mode bridge) and with Others ont (huawei hg8240h and similares, the problem not is the módem, is function of the xr500 never work with vlan tag... Lose time and money,
Message 4 of 26
FURRYe38
Guru

I would contact NG support again and let them know if your experiences with the recent FW update. If NG can't seem to fix this for you then, you might want to ask about a refund. 

Good Luck. 

@jordi08110 wrote:
Yes the qos dont work in upload with vlan tag, reset configuration before and after install update, think this update dont solve big problems... i test with various modems arcadyan livebox fibre (in mode bridge) and with Others ont (huawei hg8240h and similares, the problem not is the módem, is function of the xr500 never work with vlan tag... Lose time and money,

Message 5 of 26
jordi08110
Tutor

if right now I just contacted again as you already had an open case of the RMA, they have escalated the case to engineering that is already the upper level, the manager was not available so I will wait for the call within a few hours, I have little hope of being able to fix it since I'm not the only one with this problem, I don't know what to think it's supposed to be a software issue ... Even so, I expect at least the product reimbursement, since it does not work as it should and there are already many hours invested in trying to solve what a great loss of time and money for a simple router means for me thanks friend i waiting

Message 6 of 26
FURRYe38
Guru

Good Luck. 

Message 7 of 26
ngearftard
Luminary

Apex Legends QOS working well with "When High Priority Traffic Detected" setting. Set up and down Anti-Bufferbloat at 70% and the XR500 detected the game traffic while limiting a speed test I ran at the same time. Red, "High Priority Traffic Detected" light was on the whole time in game with the priority packet counter incrementing as I moved character through the Apex training module. Exited game (and Origin if that matters), ran the speed test, and it was automatically back to 100% without having to change any QOS settings. Red light went out as expected after a short while.

Nice to see vulnerability issue(s) also fixed.

Message 8 of 26
FURRYe38
Guru

Thank for letting us know. Sounds like its working well for you. 

@ngearftard wrote:

Apex Legends QOS working well with "When High Priority Traffic Detected" setting. Set up and down Anti-Bufferbloat at 70% and the XR500 detected the game traffic while limiting a speed test I ran at the same time. Red, "High Priority Traffic Detected" light was on the whole time in game with the priority packet counter incrementing as I moved character through the Apex training module. Exited game (and Origin if that matters), ran the speed test, and it was automatically back to 100% without having to change any QOS settings. Red light went out as expected after a short while.

Nice to see vulnerability issue(s) also fixed.

Message 9 of 26
Jl92
Tutor

I have posted my issue in the XR500 forum. This is just a note to mention that with the v56 FW, my internet access ceased on 8/16. I had auto update set on my router. Setup with 5268 AT&T modem was working great for past two months. Not sure if my issue is coincidence but it seems suspicious to come right when the new FW came out. Ive gone through all trouble shooting in manual, factory resets, reboots. Being helped by someone in the other forum but so far no luck.
Message 10 of 26
FURRYe38
Guru

Replied back here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-Routers/XR500-Wifi-No-Internet/td-p/1788959/ju...

@Jl92 wrote:

Message 11 of 26
tfbit
Tutor

A minor problem popped up after 4+ days of router uptime. My daughter child left the house with her phone about an hour ago but I just noticed it is still shown as online in Device Manager, both the tree view and the table view (even shows signal strength). This is using Chrome. Closed and reopened Chrome and it is still there. Tried IE and it also is still has an online status. Opened up the Nighthawk app on my phone and it is NOT shown to be online. Pretty happy so far with the new firmware. Another revision or two and it should be there. Thanks!

Message 12 of 26
tfbit
Tutor

Update to the above post. Just went and looked at Device Manager again and watched it drop to "Offline". This was about an hour after the phone left the area.

Message 13 of 26
tfbit
Tutor

And another update. It still shows as "Online" in the table view.

Message 14 of 26
tfbit
Tutor

And now it's "Offline" in the table view like it should be. Quite the lag. 🙂

Message 15 of 26
FURRYe38
Guru

@tfbit Was a factory reset and setup from scratch performed after loading the v56 FW? 

Message 16 of 26
tfbit
Tutor

No, didn't do a factory reset and setup from scratch. Have about 10 IP address reservations and didn't want to mess around with getting everything going again. Doesn't seem like this would help though since the Nighthawk app shows online devices correctly. Everything looked to be operating perfectly till I noticed this, mostly cosmetic, problem. Seems more like a DumaOS glitch that takes a while to appear. As long as everything remains solidly working I can live with a tiny issue like this. I will do a complete factory reset and fresh setup when/if another firmware revision comes out.

If you could explain it I'd be interested in just where the Nighthawk app hooks into the router. Is it getting it's info from the DumaOS or the lower Firmware level?

Thanks!

Message 17 of 26
FURRYe38
Guru

A factory reset would be needed to confirm if the issue continues or not. Your currently the only one posting about this. It would be helpful to try this and see. 

Message 18 of 26
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You may be correct in that it's getting from lower firmware level, there definitely needs to be more synergy between the app and interface and we plan on doing that.
Message 19 of 26
jordi08110
Tutor

Without solution by superior level, next station and last; engineering techinal support, if dont have any solution, need refund of product...

I sadly
Message 20 of 26
FURRYe38
Guru

Please log a support ticket with NG:

https://www.netgear.com/mynetgear/registration/login.aspx

Good Luck. 

@jordi08110 wrote:
Without solution by superior level, next station and last; engineering techinal support, if dont have any solution, need refund of product...

I sadly

Message 21 of 26
FURRYe38
Guru

I just setup my XR450 with v56 today on a 200/10 ISP and speed testing is to spec, via wired PC and NG Nighthawk app on iPhone 6sP and Android Galaxy Tab S2 pad. 

QoS set for 70% on both sliders using "When High Priority Traffic is Detected." 

Also have 2x EX7700 extenders connected. Smart Connect is enabled on the XR450. 

I did find an issue, has to do with the NH app. Device Manager reports "Sorry, the action was failed. Please try again." when seleting this on iPhone. On Android pad reports "Connected devices not found." Both iphone and pad have up to date NH apps. 

@Christian_R 

Message 22 of 26
jordi08110
Tutor

Ticket opened in july.....
Message 23 of 26
FURRYe38
Guru

You'll need to respond there and keep in touch with them there. 

Good Luck. 

@jordi08110 wrote:
Ticket opened in july.....

Message 24 of 26
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I've let our team know as well about this so they can communicate with Netgear about who needs to improve the synergy between app and DumaOS.
Message 25 of 26
Discussion stats
  • 25 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7