× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR450 connectivity issues

igobyandrew
Aspirant

Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR450 connectivity issues

I'm having issues with my Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR450 that I purchased from Costco about two years ago. 

On my network, I cannot connect to sites like Disney+, Hulu, Amazon Prime, or certain game servers. With my Oculus Quest 2, I cannot connect to most multiplayer games. I'm not sure why this is, because on other people's networks, I can. I haven't changed many settings from within the router DUMAOS other than changing passwords, changing my DNS to 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1. that's really about it. And I was having the same issues before I changed any DNS settings. I'm getting the right speeds that I should be getting with my ISP, but many sites just wont load.
I would like to solve this issue without factory resetting the router as I have quite a few smart home devices that are connected, and I would hate to have to go through and reconnect everything. If at all possible.

Thanks in advance for any advice given.

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 11
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Go to the QoS page and disable QoS completely from the Anti-Bufferbloat 3 line option menu in the top left of the panel and see if that helps please. QoS may be dropping packets unnecessarily.
Message 2 of 11
plemans
Guru

what modem gateway is it connected to? 

Did it ever work properly? and if so, when did it change and what was changed when it stopped? 

Message 3 of 11
igobyandrew
Aspirant

Thanks! I disabled it as suggested and it seemed to have solved a lot of the issues. Still not getting certain things to stream online though. Firmware is also updated to latest.

thanks!

Message 4 of 11
igobyandrew
Aspirant

It did work properly when I first set it up. Not sure when/how it stopped working. Can't recall.

Message 5 of 11
plemans
Guru

Modem/gateway its connected to? 

Message 6 of 11
igobyandrew
Aspirant

I don't have a traditional modem. There's an ethernet plug in the wall that I connect directly to. And it goes to a box outside my house. fiber.

Message 7 of 11
plemans
Guru

What ont is it and who's your provider? 

Each have their own specific settings

Message 8 of 11
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Does it work if you connect directly to the ONT? As plemans said, has it ever worked prior to the XR?
Message 9 of 11
igobyandrew
Aspirant

I suppose I'd have to try connecting the apple tv directly to the ONT. I will try tomorrow and report back. The issues came back and even with QoS disabled. I also reset the router. Although,  I may have done that wrong as all of my devices connected again after it reboot. I held down the reset button for 25 seconds...

Message 10 of 11
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

If a factory reset has been successfully completed then when you access the interface you will need to go through the setup wizard to get an internet connection. So if that didn't happen you just rebooted it.
Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7