× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk XR500 slow upload

Sand323
Guide

Nighthawk XR500 slow upload

Hi guys, spectrum around my area just got upgraded to 1 gig and since the upgrade my router just went to crap. My download got better but my upload won’t exceed pass 2 can anyone help??
I’ve already factory reset my router twice and spectrum already came down twice and there connection is solid.
Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Nighthawk XR500 slow upload

Glad they got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...
Enjoy. 📡

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 10

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Message 2 of 10
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Have you entered your new/expected speeds in Bandwidth Settings? Where are you testing the speeds exactly?
Message 3 of 10
Sand323
Guide

Yes, I put the new speeds into the bandwidth and have been testing the speeds through the router log in for the dumaOS
Message 4 of 10
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Test on speedtest.net, what speeds do you get?
Message 5 of 10
Sand323
Guide

I get 340 down and 2 up
Message 6 of 10
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Could you attach a picture of your QoS page please?
Message 7 of 10
Sand323
Guide

Spectrum maintenance crew has been out here for a couple hours already and ended up fixing whatever was wrong.
My XR500 is back to running at optimum levels.
Thanks for the help, really appreciate it.
Message 8 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad they got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...
Enjoy. 📡

Message 9 of 10
Sand323
Guide

Thanks for the tip
Much appreciated.
Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 3 kudos