× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: No Internet on LAN Ports WiFi fully connectivity

csaum
Tutor

No Internet on LAN Ports WiFi fully connectivity

Only wifi seems to be working on the router, DHCP is not giving my Ethernet ports a correct address.  My pool is set at 192.168.1.x but the ip it gives my actual devices is 169.x.x.x now rebooting the router is a extremely short fix (roughly a day and a night if that) but there should be a better/perm fix for this.  It first occured to my xbox and my PC was uneffected but now any directly connected system is having the issue. 

Firmware is on : V2.3.2.32

Extremely disapointing for a 300$ router to have this bad of an issue

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

Try manually loading the FW file using IE11 or FF. Then do a full factory reset on the router and set up from scratch. 

Change the IP address pool to 192.168.1.100 to .200.

What devices do you have connected on LAN? 

Any LAN switches by chance? 

Do all ports loose connection? 

169 is a self assigned IP address, this doesn't come from the router. Means the device couldn't get an IP address from the router. 

Message 2 of 15
csaum
Tutor

The only devices I have connected are the Xbox one X and the PC wired (through a wiring closet the apt. I am in has eports thoughout and a small switchboard for a router to be patched into) and an Google home wirelessly connected.  It still says that it is connected to the network but isn't able to retrieve a ip from the router.  I will change the pool as you asked tonight.  

I will attempt your fix and get back to you!

Message 3 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

Can you take the remove this patch panel and internconnecting temporarily and test with out it? Trying to see if anything else you may have connected could be causing problems. 

Message 4 of 15
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

A couple of other things to try:

1. Do you have static IP on either your console or PC?
  2. If you connect them wirelessly, what IP address do they get assigned?
Message 5 of 15
csaum
Tutor

I tried it with a static IP on both inside the pool we setup as well as outside and they stay with that but stil lose network config. 

Message 6 of 15
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I've sent you a PM csaum, please see if that resolves your issue.
Message 7 of 15
SamuraiX3000
Aspirant

I'm experiencing the same issue, is there a fix or workaround. I only had this router for 1 day and I'm getting ready to retun to Best Buy. My desktop gets a 169.xxx.xxx ip address for about 3 minutes after boot-up and my Nest cameras keep getting disconnected randomly through out the day. My old Nighthawk R7000 had better Wi-fi connectivity.

Message 8 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

How is your PC connected? wireless or wired? 

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

@SamuraiX3000 wrote:

I'm experiencing the same issue, is there a fix or workaround. I only had this router for 1 day and I'm getting ready to retun to Best Buy. My desktop gets a 169.xxx.xxx ip address for about 3 minutes after boot-up and my Nest cameras keep getting disconnected randomly through out the day. My old Nighthawk R7000 had better Wi-fi connectivity.

Message 9 of 15
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I'd advise you rollback to the firmware ending .20 and see if that resolves it
Message 10 of 15
Ped0016
Aspirant

I seem to be experiencing a similar issue I have my Xbox one X wired in to port 1.  If I power cycle my router the port works normally but when I shut off my Xbox for the night and turn on the next day. It the Xbox will no longer be connected to the internet, when I try to connect Xbox gives me error message cant connect to router/internet. I the have to restart my router for the port to work again. 

Wireless seems to be unaffected and works fine.

really hope can help with issues this router is too expensive to be having issues like this 😞

I also switch my Xbox for. The instant on mode to the energy save mode just encase that is the issues since I seen there is a issue with the Xbox’s and this router when in that mode.

Message 11 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW version is loaded on the XR router? 

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Set the Default DHCP IP address pool from 192.168.1.1/.254 to 192.168.1.100 to .200.

Set up a IP address  reservation for the xbox ON the router.

Do a hard reset by holding the POWER button until it shuts off. 

Reboot the router. 

Turn On the xbox and check the connection.

Yes, Instant ON should be DISABLED on the xbox. 

@Ped0016 wrote:

I seem to be experiencing a similar issue I have my Xbox one X wired in to port 1.  If I power cycle my router the port works normally but when I shut off my Xbox for the night and turn on the next day. It the Xbox will no longer be connected to the internet, when I try to connect Xbox gives me error message cant connect to router/internet. I the have to restart my router for the port to work again. 

Wireless seems to be unaffected and works fine.

really hope can help with issues this router is too expensive to be having issues like this 😞

I also switch my Xbox for. The instant on mode to the energy save mode just encase that is the issues since I seen there is a issue with the Xbox’s and this router when in that mode.

Message 12 of 15
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Have you experienced the issue since switching modes on the Xbox?
Message 13 of 15
Ped0016
Aspirant

Thank you!!!! For replying so quickly, I came home today and powered up my Xbox and it connected to Xbox live without issue. I think the switch from instant on to power safe mode worked. Will give it a couple days and see if the issue returns hopefully it doesn’t. On a side note is there gonna be a fix for this in a future firmware update?

Message 14 of 15
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Great to hear that, thanks a lot for the update! Multiple teams are looking into it including the Xbox team so we hope to get it sorted as soon as possible whether that be through an actual Xbox patch or on the router itself.
Message 15 of 15
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series