× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR 1000 Slow Speeds In Router Mode

Gilephor
Guide

XR 1000 Slow Speeds In Router Mode

Hello all and thanks for taking time to read and digest this. I will get straight into the issue

I have a Netgear XR 1000 Gaming Router running running the 1.0.0.68 firmware. I have 1G speeds from my provider Sparklight and am using a Cat 8 Ethernet Cable, 3ft Heavy Duty High Speed Internet Network Cable, Professional LAN Cable, 26AWG, 2000Mhz 40Gbps with Gold Plated RJ45 Connector.

This is plugged into an Arris S33 on the 2G port. The other end of course into the Internet Port of the XR 1000. When plugged from modem to PC directly I get 1.3G.

Troubleshooting I have done:

• Speedtests under normal conditions without changing anything between modem and router are usually in the 400-600 MB range.

• Disabling WIFI yields about the same result.

• I do not run QoS

• I am running the latest firmware 1.0.0.68

• I enabled all check boxes except smart wifi under that section as I do not want to have the 2 and 5G networks to have the same name.

• After all this as a test, I enabled AP mode to see if things looked different using this. They do. After activating this mode, I am seeing 800-1GB+ speeds.

Anyone in the community have any suggestions on why this could be the case, something I am missing in the setup, something wrong in the router, some configuration that is causing this massive slow down. The only other thing I have is some IP reservations I have setup for some computers and printers.

Any assistance is appreciated. 

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You say you're not running QoS, does that mean you've left their options at their defaults or you've disabled it completely? If you haven't that should get you the higher speeds. You can do this by clicking the 3 line horizontal icon top left of the Congestion Control panel on the QoS page.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You say you're not running QoS, does that mean you've left their options at their defaults or you've disabled it completely? If you haven't that should get you the higher speeds. You can do this by clicking the 3 line horizontal icon top left of the Congestion Control panel on the QoS page.
Message 2 of 3
Gilephor
Guide

Thanks this was it. I thought once you selected NEVER under QoS that was the end of it, I did not know there was an extra screen to turn it off entirely. Again, thanks 🙂 I am now getting the gigabit speeds. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7