× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR500 DAILY INTERNET DROPS

Sidz_Gaming_
Guide

Woke up this morning to no internet turned router off and on and that fixed it, will try get the logs when I get to work, i could access my extender ex700 while internet was down but couldn’t access the router
Message 26 of 41
Sidz_Gaming_
Guide

i have had 2 drop out this evening and both times it has done it, i have managed to get to my computer and look what's connected and all are before .50, also i have been able to get a log now as well, how do you want me to send it over to you 

Message 27 of 41
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You can send it to me in a PM, once you've done that comment back here so I don't miss it as we do get a lot of PMs
Message 28 of 41
Sidz_Gaming_
Guide

I have sent the log over, thank you 

it has dropped again today, its been doing it daily again 

Message 29 of 41
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Thanks for that, having a look it seems like the most recent thing that happened just before accessing was DHCP renewing, do you still have the IPs reserved for devices outside the DHCP range on the router?
Message 30 of 41
Sidz_Gaming_
Guide

all devices connected to router i have reserved 0.2-0.50 every device i own i have been round the whole house and when i click on Add where it shows connected devices there all within 0.2-0.50

Message 31 of 41
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

In that case could you disable DHCP please? Your devices will still get a connection as they have been reserved. While you have it set like this, any new devices you want to connect you'll need to set a static IP on the device itself to get a connection. Let us know if that stops the disconnects.
Message 32 of 41
Sidz_Gaming_
Guide

okay do i do this by unchecking 'Use Router as DHCP Server'

Also is there anyway i can get hold of the new update beta for testing the Duma os 3.2

Message 33 of 41
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Yes that's exactly right, if we make a beta available we will post it here but nothing currently available to provide to users https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/bd-p/en-home-beta-npg-duma
Message 34 of 41
Sidz_Gaming_
Guide

Okay, so if I have a friend round that wants to use the internet I would have to have there phone and set a static ip before the internet would work
Message 35 of 41
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Yes that's exactly right
Message 36 of 41
Sidz_Gaming_
Guide

was just wondering is there any update with the new beta, 

i checked here - DumaOS Firmware Progress : NETDUMA

and it says the beta should be soon, wouldnt mind having ago at the beta 

Message 37 of 41
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

We're currently performing a small closed beta on the Netduma forum, if you would like to post there in one of the Nighthawk topics people have made I can add you to the list for when we expand the group.
Message 38 of 41
Sidz_Gaming_
Guide

Hello could you add me to the list I see you are adding people at the min
Thank you
Regards
Dale
Message 39 of 41
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You'll need to make an account on forum.netduma.com and then let us know what your username is in a topic there and we can get you added
Message 40 of 41
Sidz_Gaming_
Guide

Have done sorry I read you last post wrong, have made account on there and tagged you
Message 41 of 41
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 40 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7