× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR500

del3213graphix
Aspirant

XR500

Bare with me I'm not to techy. So in geofilter in software of xr500 I can see other servers and ping them which i get 30-50 ping closes ones to me. But i can never connect to them. When i turn on auto ping host and im in a game its average 77-120 ping and the game play sucks. Console is xbox one x, game is doom 2016. Have the xbox and my laptop for the devices at the top and filtering. i guess why is it i can see servers and not select or connect to them?. There's even a dedicated server and I never connect to that its all peer to peer. Which i guess is other people that its the game. Please shed some light on this or what am im doing wrong? i basicly want to connect to 30-50 ping servers only. How do i do that?

Message 1 of 4
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

Hello @del3213graphix ,

So firstly: are you in spectating mode or filtering mode? Spectating mode will allow you to monitor your connection to game servers and players but nothing will actually be blocked until you go into filtering mode. It's essentially an on/off switch!

If you are using filtering mode but there are too many high ping games in your radius, you could use the Ping Assist to help...

Ping Assist is a slider in the side bar, and when you set it, connections that are below the selected ping will be allowed through, even if they are outside of your radius.

You can use Ping Assist in conjunction with the radius, OR you could put your radius in the middle of the ocean, make it very small, and rely entirely on Ping Assist. Do remember though that setting your Ping Assist too low may block so many games that it's not actually possible to find one in a reasonable time.

I hope this helps!

Message 2 of 4
del3213graphix
Aspirant

It helps a little but when I ping servers that I'm not connected to I get 30-50 ping in radius . When I'm connected to the server and I use auto ping host my ping is never below 77-100. I do have ping assist on 50, I connected last night to 20 servers all peer to peer and ping wasnt below 77-100 but yet I can ping a dedicated server at 30 but I never connect to it? And when I'm in a game 77-100 it feels laggy and jumpy. I'm trying to get a understanding how the game picks which server? and is there anything I can do to get connected to 30-50 server. Like you said I dont care about waiting to find a server I just want the quality. Im in PA and the dedicated server is in VA not to far away can't connect to it. My radius is 200-300 ive been trying.

Message 3 of 4
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

The Geo-Filter can't really control which servers the game will pick, and it certainly can't force the game to choose a server that it refuses to choose.

The Geo-Filter only blocks things. It fools the game into thinking that things outside of your radius or above your ping assist level are currently down.

It might be possible that the dedicated server you're trying to connect to is constantly full. It might also be possible that this server is just an authentication server. These servers are used to log you in and manage your account, purchases and items, but are not used for actual gameplay.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7