× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Xr1000 UPNP broke after firmware update

egwok
Tutor

Xr1000 UPNP broke after firmware update

After recent update UPNP don’t work tried factory reset and tried enabling it saving setting and it still don’t turn on its disabled completely had to go back to last firmware to get it activated . Any help?
Message 1 of 13

Accepted Solutions
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Xr1000 UPNP broke after firmware update

Ahh great to hear that, ironically, that option wasn't working in the previous version but was fixed in this one!

View solution in original post

Message 13 of 13

All Replies
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

We've let Netgear know about this, It will be enabled as it's enabled by default so it's more likely to be a visual issue that you can ignore - if you have an Open NAT then it's definitely working
Message 2 of 13
egwok
Tutor

Nope my nat is moderate and when I start my Xbox seres S it says nat type moderate could not get UPNP even on the older firmware but I hope the team can fix this . i don’t think it’s visual cause I tried using a different browser and it showed the same thing also it shows checked on the older firmware .
Message 3 of 13
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Did you have any port forwarding rules or DMZ configuration prior to upgrading firmware?

What's the exact make and model of the modem the XR1000 is connected to?

Message 4 of 13
egwok
Tutor

I’m using arris surfboard sb8200 modem and no I never used dmz not even in my older routers
Message 5 of 13
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Right OK, if you make a manual port forwarding rule for port 3074, do you then get an Open NAT in game?

Message 6 of 13
egwok
Tutor

I haven’t tried that yet but can u instruct me how to do it ? I never tried that before .
Message 7 of 13
egwok
Tutor

Did this still didn’t open it and UPNP is not active cause when I go check UPNP there is no list of any ports being used like 3074 ect had to go back to older firmware again hope u can fix this soon
Message 8 of 13
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Can you send over a screenshot of how you've configured the rule? I'd suggest setting the internal port range to be 1-65535 and the external port range to be 3074-3074 initially.

Message 9 of 13
egwok
Tutor

Sorry maybe u don’t understand what I mean . even if I do get open nat type on the latest firmware 1.0.0.58 under UPNP the box is not checked and there’s also no ports registering like 3074 at all in that section .when I click the box to turn it on it just stays unchecked and even if I hit apply anyway it still comes back after apply not checked and no ports registering in it .but if I go back to firmware 1.0.0.52 then goto UPNP under settings I can see it’s checked in the box and also see the ports 3074 as connected with my Xbox IP address right next to it as being used with that port . Meaning it works on 1.0.0.52 but not in 1.0.0.58 . I’ve tried factory reset on both modem and router several times and ways either way it’s the same . Hopefully ur team can fix it .also when I goto network settings on my xbox it says NAT type STRICT UPNP WAS NOT SUCCESSFUL on firmware 1.0.0.58 .
Message 10 of 13
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Yeah that's fine, we're aware of the problem and have now made Netgear aware, we're now just looking at how we can work around the issue for you while we wait for it to be fixed. That's why we mentioned port forwarding manually as this would do the job that UPNP should be doing.

Message 11 of 13
egwok
Tutor

Yes I know ya doing ya best I’m not trying to stress ya I know nothing in life is easy and I’m patient . And I even though port forwarding didn’t work but I did change something to open under lan settings I forgot (secure/open)
And I changed it to open from reading what community suggested here and it made my nat type open . I appreciate time and effort you& your team put in thanks 🙏
Message 12 of 13
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Ahh great to hear that, ironically, that option wasn't working in the previous version but was fixed in this one!
Message 13 of 13
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7