× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: invalid rpc request

iTzPedroHDi
Aspirant

invalid rpc request

I bought a Nighthawk XR1000 and i keep getting this error invalid rpc request message i try reseting to factory settings updateing fireware but it say im in the newst fireware 

Message 1 of 23
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

How did you reset the router exactly? Does the error appear by just loading the page or after changing a setting?
Message 2 of 23
iTzPedroHDi
Aspirant

reset to factury setting my holding the reset button with a paper clip for 10 sec 

i get the massage ever 10 to 15 sec also the http://192.168.1.1/ takes too long to load up

Message 3 of 23
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You will need to hold the reset button for 30 seconds, then release, wait 2 minutes for it to reboot properly then access it and see if it's working properly.
Message 4 of 23
iTzPedroHDi
Aspirant

i did this i still get the massage and it takes a long time to load up the pages 

Message 5 of 23
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Have you got Armor enabled? Does it disappear if you use the Microsoft Edge browser
Message 6 of 23
iTzPedroHDi
Aspirant

No, and i try chrome and edge browsers and still get the massage 

Message 7 of 23
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Can you try factory resetting from the interface please - Settings > Administration > Backup Settings > Erase and then see if it disappears please?
Message 8 of 23
iTzPedroHDi
Aspirant

sorry, for the long time for replay i try this and still get "invaled RPC request and also i notice the pages on the dashboared load veryslow kind furstating 😞

Message 9 of 23
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Are you using any Adblockers on your web browsers? Do you have an Anti-virus enabled on your PC?
Message 10 of 23
iTzPedroHDi
Aspirant

yes but i allowed ads on http://192.168.1.1/ and i have Bitdefender also try fire fox with no ads blocks still get this massage

Message 11 of 23
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Could you disable Bitdefender/make the IP allowed on it please then reboot from the interface, wait 2 minutes then try again?
Message 12 of 23
iTzPedroHDi
Aspirant

i dint work uninstalled adblock and bitdefender and rebooted sitill same issue 😞

Message 13 of 23
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Can you reinstall the latest firmware using this TFTP method please, then once it's fully upgraded (2 minutes after completing the method) then factory reset and that will give you the cleanest install possible. Then see if it is any better.
https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP?artic...
Message 14 of 23
iTzPedroHDi
Aspirant

where can i find router ip addrees 

Message 15 of 23
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Unless you've changed it, your router IP will be 192.168.1.1.

Message 16 of 23
iTzPedroHDi
Aspirant

hey i enabled the tftp claint changet this 

1. IP address => 192.168.1.10
  2. Subnet mask => 255.255.255.0
  3. Default Gateway => 192.168.1.1

but when i do all this steps and i press enter on the cmd i get this massage 

tftp -i 192.168.1.1 put XR1000-V1.0.0.58_1.0.44.chk
Connect request failed

Message 17 of 23
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

At the bottom of the guide is a link on how to turn on TFTP for Windows, you'll need to do that, then you can repeat the process.
Message 18 of 23
iTzPedroHDi
Aspirant

yes i did what the link say to click on the tftp and is now activated but still i get this massage

Message 19 of 23
iTzPedroHDi
Aspirant

let me ask you some question 

when i press the reset button on the back and the turn on the router wile still holding the reset button and blinks 10 times do i have to wait for the orange ligh to turn white 

and also the pc need to be dirctly connect to rotuer with lan line or the wan 

Message 20 of 23
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

PC needs to be directly to a LAN port. No just count 10 flashing orange lights then let go of the reset button and press enter for the command
Message 21 of 23
iTzPedroHDi
Aspirant

ok is it ok if after organge light turns white by itself

Message 22 of 23
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It will at some point after you've sent the command yes
Message 23 of 23
Top Contributors