× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: xr500 beta DUMAOS 3.0

Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

There are lots of new features, I think you'll be very impressed with what we have to offer!
Message 26 of 155
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

I'm adding you guys to the list to be moved up the queue.

Sorry but it takes a bit longer to get XR500 users added to the beta becuase we have to make a list and send it to Netgear.

But you're in the list now, and i'm sending the list over to them today.

Message 27 of 155
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

@z0nk wrote:

is it possible to reval on which verion of openwrt beta duma os 3.0 is build is it still 12.09-rc1 like lastest official build?

I don't think we can reveal that information, sorry.

Message 28 of 155
chaosminionx
Aspirant

Did I happen to make the cut of the XR500 users you sent over? I signed up last month.
Message 29 of 155
SK15M
Initiate

@Netduma_Alex  So it's not actually first come first serve is it then if your making a list to move people up in que.

Message 30 of 155
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It is still first come first served, Netgear will continue to add people, we are just giving them a list of people who are experiencing issues etc that would benefit from having the beta - they're in addition to the regular invites. So really it improves the odds you'll get in the beta sooner rather than later.
Message 31 of 155
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It's just to do with the forum - how many posts you have, if you have any solutions that have been accepted etc.
Message 32 of 155
Raf1212
Apprentice

what is it supposed to be, we help people who have problems and what I am doing here, I also have problems with this scrap xr 500, now I am pissed off,

Message 33 of 155
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Raf1212 I was answering the question about the tutor tag next to the name, not referring to the beta or how people are selected or anything like that. I know you're angry you haven't got the beta yet but we've put your name forward as well as the others here to get it asap.
Message 34 of 155
s3kt0r
Aspirant

Hi!

Does 3.0 have Stadia benefits? It's running pretty good right now, but the packets aren't being prioritized (a bummer when someone starts a download).

That and I'm curious to try out all the new goodies 🙂

Let me know if I can be added to the list.

Thanks, and keep up the awesome work!
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 35 of 155
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@s3kt0r Nothing implemented currently but we are looking into it. Try making a manual rule for Traffic Prioritization and see if there is an improvement:
Select Stadia
Advanced
Source 1 - 65535
Destination 44700–44899
Protocol TCP/UDP

@Retired_Member as it is the weekend they're unlikely to send invites, we've added your name to the list we've sent NG so hopefully you'll get an invite asap.
Message 36 of 155
Raf1212
Apprentice

i still nothing

Message 37 of 155
Raf1212
Apprentice

I see that I don't get this software,ehh

Message 38 of 155
z0nk
Star

neither am I counted in beta wave 🙂 even I registered in first few days.

Message 39 of 155
Raf1212
Apprentice

thanks netgear and netduma

Message 40 of 155
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

If you have already replied to this topic then we have put your name forward to Netgear to get it asap, no need to keep posting. You'll be invited as soon as.
Message 41 of 155
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

The Netgear link is a signup for any Netgear router you have, one of our colleagues incorrectly put you forward to get the XR500 firmware. When the XR450 beta is available you will get this quickly.
Message 42 of 155
Raf1212
Apprentice

haven't started beta on xr450 yet, they must finish xr500

Message 43 of 155
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It could start anytime or after the 500 beta. I don't think it will be long though.

Message 44 of 155
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Not sure how you managed that to be honest. I'm not sure if the feedback will be actionable or not given the difference. I'm not sure I understand, you've posted in the beta forum 15 hours before this.
Message 45 of 155
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I doubt you would see any significant change in WAN speeds for WiFi but if it's working then great.
Message 46 of 155
jayest1996
Star

Any news on what's going on? I bought the xr450 and so far tbh I'm 50/50 on how I feel about it, it has a lot of unmatchable features but when it comes to updates and bugs, I'm disappointed almost every firmware lacks a feature if you want a stable firmware and I've had trouble with almost every firmware as well as no updates in the 5 months I've had it, i also signed up for the beta 3.0 and have heard absolutely nothing except the good old "its coming" can we get a formative answer please or something
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 47 of 155
jayest1996
Star

Cool thanks right now it says access denied, but the bugs for 2.3.2.56 are as follows, my main Playstation doesn't show up in devices which means none of the features are being applied, i downgraded to previous and that has a dhcp bug, parsing arp, 2.3.2.32 lacks the ping assist and seems to me the geo filter is less reliable and below that too many bugs so I'm hoping this 3.0 fixes it and really don't want to wait much longer
Message 48 of 155
jayest1996
Star

I have factory reset each firmware I have tried and so far the only stable firmware is 2.3.2.32
Message 49 of 155
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@jayest1996 As above, the 500 is in beta right now with the other routers to follow soon. The update will include a lot of new features and changes so I think even though you're disappointed in the pace of updates so far this should make up for it. The PS not showing up, it may be shown as an unnamed device, you should be able to find it by checking the IP on the console itself and then matching it with one of the devices shown on the device manager. Then you can rename it and give it the PlayStation device type.
Message 50 of 155
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7