× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: cell phone up load a picture or video my network lags rell bad what do I need to do

Burchchar123
Aspirant

cell phone up load a picture or video my network lags rell bad what do I need to do

When I'm playing the ps4 hook up to the nighthawk s8000 switch some one beside my start watching videos or up load a picture my ps4 freazze up and lags out something what do I need to do I have the cell phone on low on device already I tried boosting the single as well tired unboosting the single some one please leave me in the right direction lol
Message 1 of 3
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: cell phone up load a picture or video my network lags rell bad what do I need to do

Hi @Burchchar123,

I found out from your previous posts that you have a Nighthawk R8000 wireless router which I believe that the Nighthawk S8000 switch is directly connected to it.  Let us isolate the problem.  Kindly answer the questions below:

a. Disconnect the PS4 from the S8000 switch then connect it directly to the R8000 router.  Play any game in your PS4 while its connected to the R8000 router then let someone upload a picture or stream a video wirelessly using a cellphone.  Does same problem occurs wherein the PS4 freezes and game lags while someone is uploading a picture or streaming a video wirelessly on his/her cellphone?  

b. What is the current firmware version of your Nighthawk S8000 switch?  Kindly read steps 1 to 5 in pages 62-63 of the Nighthawk S8000 user manual here on how to check the current firmware version. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Burchchar123,

I just want to follow-up on this.  We’d greatly appreciate your feedback.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7