× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX45 and Ooma

RAX45 and Ooma

Hello,

I recently upgraded from Nighthawk X6S model R7960P to Netgar AX6  RAX45.  I had the Ooma Telo Air Wireless (https://www.ooma.com/telo/wireless-voip-phone-adapter/) connected with via Wifi with no complaints.  Ever since the upgrade, I've been getting callers telling me that the voice on their end is constantly getting cut off to the point where the calls are not understandable.  I've rebooted the router, modem, and Ooma appliance several times, but I still have the same issue.  Does anyone have any ideas as to what else I can do to troubleshoot the problem?

-Javier 

Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: RAX45 and Ooma

a couple things you can try. 

1. disable sip/alg. 

https://kb.netgear.com/30796/How-do-I-disable-SIP-ALG-on-my-NETGEAR-device-using-the-router-web-inte...

2. try putting the ooma's ip address into the netgears dmz. It would automatically forward all data to it. 

Message 2 of 6

Tried both at the same time.  It got better but still experienced intermittent choppiness when listening.  Instead of attaching via WiFi, moved the Ooma base and connected it via ethernet cable to the router.  That's better.  Just sucks since there isn't much space for the phone base where router is located.

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

Have you tried changing what wireless channel is used for 2.4ghz?

What actual hub do you have for ooma? 

Message 4 of 6

haven't tried changing the channel.  Ive got the Ooma Telo Model No: TELOAIR105.

How will changing the channel affect all of the other devices that are currently connected on the 2.4GHz wireless?

-Javier

Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

2.4ghz is sensitive to interference. Changing the wireless channels used could make other devices function better if you're moving to a less congested 2.4ghz channel. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7