Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

3rd Part Firmware Suggestions for R6700

harris66
Follower

3rd Part Firmware Suggestions for R6700

Looking for suggestions on third-party firmware I can use for my device. I have been having issues with my Nighthawk R6700 where certain things in the app has been breaking. Examples: Unable to see devices connected (will show number of devices but can't get to list anymore, No longer able to block websites from my kids' devices set to schedule or just block anything in general. I know my R6700 is also marked as End of Service by Netgear which means security is also a concern now since my device will no longer get firmware update.

Message 1 of 4

Re: 3rd Part Firmware Suggestions for R6700

@harris66 wrote:

I know my R6700 is also marked as End of Service by Netgear which means security is also a concern now since my device will no longer get firmware update.

That's not how it works. A lot of EOS devices even older than the R6700 still get the occasional security update.

Message 2 of 4
plemans
Guru

You won't find 3rd party suggestions on the official forums. 

You can check those 3rd party sites for your best suggestions and there's many articles out there about the benefits to different version. 

Message 3 of 4

@plemans wrote:

You can check those 3rd party sites for your best suggestions and there's many articles out there about the benefits to different version. 

.... and which devices they support.

The R6700 may be too anaemic to interest the firmware communities.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7