Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC1750 / R6350 Issues after firmware update

kpaw333
Aspirant

AC1750 / R6350 Issues after firmware update

Hey guys,

I'm having a time with my router. It's been mostly fine for a while now. Every once in a while, it loses an internet connection and a simple reboot helps. Then last night happened. I went into the Nighthawk app and saw a firmware update, so I installed the update. Immediately I saw problems. It was slow, then I just completely lost internet 15 minutes after the installation and reboot. Had to unplug everything, then plug back in and turn on. Ok. Then the same thing happened 3 more times today. All before 4pm EST. I have Spectrum and use their modem. It's just weird that this all happened as soon as the firmware updated. I even did a complete factory reset today. Still lost a connection. It doesn't come right back. I have to unplug EVERYTHING. Router, modem - everything. Speeds are still slow, but they have been since more people have been home with COVID. They used to be 100+ Gbps, now down to half that. 

I went into all the basic and advanced settings through my computer browser and checked stuff, found some DoS Attacks, but I read those are false positives most of the time on Netgear. They all happened since the last breakdown, so I don't know if they're doing something. It's all strange. 

If anyone has had something similar happen, or can offer some feedback, that would be awesome and much appreciated.

I hope you all are doing well, and are safe and happy. 

Thank you! 

Model: R6300v2|AC1750 Dual Band Gigabit router
Message 1 of 3
kpaw333
Aspirant

Re: AC1750 / R6350 Issues after firmware update

I can't figure out how to edit the original post on here, but I mentioned 100Gbps. I meant Mbps. 🤦🏻
Message 2 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: AC1750 / R6350 Issues after firmware update

If it coincided with the firmware update, you can always try downgrading the firmware. 

simply download the old firmware and follow the manual update process (from the manual) to install it. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7