Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC2600 Nighthawk X4S Smart WiFi Gaming Router Model: R7800 System Requirements discrepancy

derekallthumbs
Follower

AC2600 Nighthawk X4S Smart WiFi Gaming Router Model: R7800 System Requirements discrepancy

Hello all , on the Tech Specs page for the AC2600 Nighthawk X4S Smart WiFi Gaming Router Model: R7800 it states that the System Requirements in relation to Safari and Firefox are:

Firefox® 4.0, Safari® 6.2.6 browsers or higher.

It also states this in the Data Sheet for the R7800 downloaded from the Netgear Support site.

However, I looked on the physical box at Best Buy the other day and it listed System Requirements in relation to Safari and Firefox as being:

Firefox® 2.0, Safari® 1.4 browsers or higher.

The same requirements as for the AC5300 Nighthawk X8 AC5300 Tri-Band WiFi Router Model: R8500 and the AC3200 Nighthawk AC3200 Tri-Band WiFi Router Model: R8000.

So, my question is, which System Requirements in relation to Safari and Firefox are correct. I would be using a Mac running Mac OS X 10.5.8, and I can still use those older versions of Safari and Firefox on my system.

Thanks for your support.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Re: AC2600 Nighthawk X4S Smart WiFi Gaming Router Model: R7800 System Requirements discrepancy

Hi derekallthumbs,

Thank for reporting this. We are looking into updating the changes.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
TheEther
Guru

Re: AC2600 Nighthawk X4S Smart WiFi Gaming Router Model: R7800 System Requirements discrepancy

I would not worry too much about this. Any modern browser should work.
Message 2 of 3
JamesGL
Master

Hi derekallthumbs,

Thank for reporting this. We are looking into updating the changes.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7