Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC750 Essentials Edition

RSHNC
Aspirant

AC750 Essentials Edition

EX3700/AC750 WiFi Range Extender WPS green light blinks till it goes out... but never displays solid green and it is located (per guide) within 10 feet of the AC2300 Model r7000P router.  There is nothing between the two Netgear devices.

I've pressed the WPS button on the router multiple times
I've pressed the WPS button on the range extender multiple times

No success. I even tried a factory re-start with the range extender as well as Power recycle.

Power Light is solid Green on the Extender
Router Light is solid Green on the Extender 
WPS Light is solid (blue) on the  router itself.

Is this a defective Range Extender?

Model: EX3700|AC750 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: AC750 Essentials Edition

Is it working? (the extender that is)

Reason I ask is I've read of other devices causing interference with the wps process. (for example https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/WPS-LED-continuously-blinking/td-p/1197510)

So if the  router and extender are working, I wouldn't worrry about it. 

Message 2 of 4
RSHNC
Aspirant

Thank you for your response.

You may wish to re-read my post as I tried to be a clear as possible regarding the circumstances.

Extender:  Green Power light is solid as is the Green Router Light. It is the WPS light that blinks until it goes off.
There is NOTHING between the router and the extender save about 10 feet of space; and no other devices are active.

I do "worry about it"  as it appears the product does not work. I don't waste money on defective merchandise.
It will be returned for a full refund. The downside is Netgear seems to have a QC issue and zero tech support.

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

@RSHNC wrote:

Thank you for your response.

You may wish to re-read my post as I tried to be a clear as possible regarding the circumstances.----You only talked about the light. Not if you'd tried connect a device to the extender. did you try setting up the extender using the installation assistant? 

Extender:  Green Power light is solid as is the Green Router Light. It is the WPS light that blinks until it goes off.
There is NOTHING between the router and the extender save about 10 feet of space; and no other devices are active.----Did you try connectect a device to it using the ssid and password? Not wps? If one of your other device is causing a conflict with WPS, how's the extender supposed to fix that? It can't magically shut off a diffent devices wps setup. And wps gets coded different between device manufacturers. Especially the pushed out IoT devices that tend to be cheap/poorly coded. 

I do "worry about it"  as it appears the product does not work. I don't waste money on defective merchandise.
It will be returned for a full refund. The downside is Netgear seems to have a QC issue and zero tech support.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7