Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't login to the WAC104 setup UI 192.168.0.100

Lavidar
Aspirant

Can't login to the WAC104 setup UI 192.168.0.100

Hey, I just got the WAC104 and I can't set it up.

When pluggin in, it generates 2 wifi networks (NEATGEAR_11N, NETGEAR_11AC) but both require a password (yes, even after I reset it).

No password was enclosed with the box/manual. I tried using the "sharedsecret" password but it does not really connects and I can't open the UI setup portal on 192.168.0.100.

Please help!

Thanks (:

Leo

Model: WAC104|Dual Band 802.11ac 
Message 1 of 7

Re: Can't login to the WAC104 setup UI 192.168.0.100

@Lavidar wrote:

No password was enclosed with the box/manual.

Look on the bottom for a label that has passwords for the router's graphical user interface (GUI) and default passwords for the wifi. 

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

Business Wireless - NETGEAR Communities

In the meantime you could visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware. Look at the label on the device for the model number.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear stopped supplying printed manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Among many other things, the manual tells us

"The product label on the bottom panel of the access point shows the default login information, default WiFi
network names (SSIDs), serial number, and MAC address of the access point."

Message 2 of 7
Lavidar
Aspirant

Hey @michaelkenward, thank you for your answer!

I have found the passphrase and loged in - but it still won't load the interdace on the default adress (192.168.0.100).

The wireless icon has an "!" on it - saying it's an unidentified netwrok... but my IP is dynamic

Any other suggestion would be welcomed...

Thanks!

Leo

Message 3 of 7

@Lavidar wrote:

The wireless icon has an "!" on it - saying it's an unidentified netwrok... but my IP is dynamic

Which wireless icon, and where do you see it?

What does "my IP is dynamic" mean to you? That is usually something to do with your Internet service provider. It describes your IP address on the Internet, not an address on your local network. So a dynamic IP address has nothing to do with 192.168.0.100.

The WAC104 is an access point. What do you have it connected to?

Are you following the instructions in the Initial Setup guide? What router is your WAC104 connected to?

Message 4 of 7
Lavidar
Aspirant

Hey, 

See the photo below regardig the "!" icon.

Screenshot at Sep 19 17-43-45.png

Maybe the "IP is dynamic" comment is unrelated, it's just something the local support person sayd over the phone, but could not help beyond that point.

Currently it's connect only with the power cord. nothing else.

I tried connecting it to my laptop via an ethernet cable but it still will not connect to the UI.

Thanks.
Leo

Message 5 of 7

@Lavidar wrote:

Hey, 

See the photo below regardig the "!" icon.

It may be some time before the images land. To ensure that you aren't posting anything naughty, a Netgear moderator has to approve the pictures.

You can attach images to messages without any delay.

Message 6 of 7

From what I can make out, that is the Windows networking icon.

Have you tried this:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7