Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot log into my nighthawk r9000

blivman63
Follower

Cannot log into my nighthawk r9000

I purchased a Nighthawk r9000 in Oct of 2020, and never installed it. It is brand new, out of the box, and on trying to connect it using the app, it will not connect. I cannot see the wifi address in my available networks. I tried to connect to it directly with an ethernet cord, but it will not show me the login page. The 60 Ghz light is lit on the front. I tried to change it to 2.4 or 5 Ghz, but no joy. Could this need a firmware upgrade, since it is 3 years old? If I can log in, I can check. ANY ideas?

Message 1 of 2
Kitsap
Master

Re: Cannot log into my nighthawk r9000

@blivman63 wrote:

I purchased a Nighthawk r9000 in Oct of 2020, and never installed it. It is brand new, out of the box, and on trying to connect it using the app, it will not connect. I cannot see the wifi address in my available networks. I tried to connect to it directly with an ethernet cord, but it will not show me the login page. The 60 Ghz light is lit on the front. I tried to change it to 2.4 or 5 Ghz, but no joy. Could this need a firmware upgrade, since it is 3 years old? If I can log in, I can check. ANY ideas?

With no cable connections except the power cord, boot up the router and let it stabilize.  On the back panel there is a recessed firmware default reset button.  Use a pen or toothpick to press and hold the reset button until the LEDs start to blink.  After the post reset boot, try to connect to the router using a computer over Wi-Fi.  The Wi-FI username and password are on the back label plate.

Once connected to the Wi-Fi, use a web browser and routerlogin.com or 192.168.1.1 to try to log in to the setup page.  The username is admin (non changeable) and the password is password.  Best to leave the mobile application turned off until after your initial configuration is complete.  If you are able to get in to the user configuration pages, log out and power down your router.  Connect it to your upstream internet source and reboot.

You will have better success configuring your router using a web browser on a computer connected to the router with an Ethernet cable.

Experienced Netgear users prefer to manually update the router firmware.  Instructions here:

https://kb.netgear.com/23960/How-do-I-manually-update-the-firmware-on-my-NETGEAR-router 

If you have further questions, please provide the upstream modem manufacturer name and model number.  Also provide the version number of your firmware (the latest is not an answer).

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7