Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Factory resets after firmware upgrade Question

hulamrut
Follower

Factory resets after firmware upgrade Question

Over the past year or so I have been using a couple of Netgear Nighthawk routers as secondary units on my home system. They are an R7600v3 and a R7000. I've upgraded the firmware to the latest available, but did not do a re-set before flashing the firmware. So far no trouble out of either unit. I am planning on replacing my primary router with a R7000P in the next week or so. Should I go ahead and do a reset before upgrading it or just upgrade and put it into use?

Message 1 of 2

Re: Factory resets after firmware upgrade Question

@hulamrut wrote:

Over the past year or so I have been using a couple of Netgear Nighthawk routers as secondary units on my home system. They are an R7600v3 and a R7000.

Are they in AP mode? What are they doing on the network?

What is the main router?

And the modem/gateway/ONT in front of it?

I am planning on replacing my primary router with a R7000P in the next week or so. Should I go ahead and do a reset before upgrading it or just upgrade and put it into use?

Reset what? The R7000P?

If it is a second had device – the R7000P is an aged router –  then you should reset it before you start using it. That gets rid of any old settings.

In any case, if you are adding yet an other router to a network, that too should be in AP mode to avoid conflicts with other things on the network.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7