Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Guest network does not connect to internet until the Allow guests to see one another is enabled

JP5575
Follower

Guest network does not connect to internet until the Allow guests to see one another is enabled

After setting up my guest network, my devices can connect for a few seconds but cannot reach out to the internet. Main network SSID works just fine just not the 'Guest'. After an hour of troubleshooting, I had a thought, and decided to check the box below 'Enable SSID'  to 'Allow guests to see each other and access my local network'.  I then applied/saved, then reconnected to the 'Guest' and it worked.  The whole point of this guest network is to NOT allow guests to access my local network.  

Firmware Version V1.0.5.132_1.0.69

This needs to get fixed. I had a similar issue with an old Netgear router (WNR2000) with the Guest network, the only difference was that when devices connected to 'Guest network, they were allowed to connect to my local devies on the main wifi even when the option to "Allow guests to see each other and access local devices" was not checked.

Netgear, can you look into this and fix please?

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series