Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

HP Microserver not connecting to new router AC1900

IrvSp
Master

Re: HP Microserver not connecting to new router AC1900

@myersw wrote:

Have never used the genie, but would guess it has a configuration option for router IP address. Always find "tools" like it more grief then good for my liking.

What happens if you point a browser to the router's IP address? That is how I do all my router management. 

The Browser DOES open up 'Genie'... that is what it is called. NG has also removed the Genie app for tablets and phones. Now NIGHTHAWK is used (a lesser version of Genie though it seems).

At least that is what I assumed he has done, used the browser.

Message 26 of 29
myersw
Master

@IrvSp

Got ya. Have configured so many different routers, Netgear, Linksys, Asus over more then 10 years, dating back to the Linksys WRT54G when they were new and running DD-WRT. 😉 So I do not bother to read the manuals most of the time if I can access via the router IP address which I find the first time via a Windows ipconfig so may not be up on nominclature. Can usually figure out things without the manual, but to refer to it at times. Been involved with computers and networks since 1961 working for IBM. Last job was support staff for a nation wide network of 150 locations. 

Message 27 of 29
IrvSp
Master

@myersw, since '64  at IBM, always in development, even OS/2 Smiley Happy Now retired...

Message 28 of 29
myersw
Master

@IrvSp wrote:

@myersw, since '64  at IBM, always in development, even OS/2 Smiley Happy Now retired...

@IrvSp

Started with IBM as a "customer Engineer". Never really understood the name as you were more of a tech working on mainframes and early on card equipment. Then went to marketing as a SE retired as a Advisory SE with specialty in networking. Remember OS2 well. 

Message 29 of 29
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 28 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7