Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to access multiple netgear routers using internal reverse proxy

Evynly
Follower

How to access multiple netgear routers using internal reverse proxy

I have 3 netgear routers on my home network, all set up in AP mode on separate subnets.  Accessing them via www.routerlogin.net doesn't work for me because a) all 3 try to use the same www.routerlogin.net URL and b) they're unencrypted and/or using untrusted certificates. 

I have an internal nginx reverse proxy I use for other devices that properly resolves using my internal DNS servers and maintains valid certificates.  I've been able to set up the Orbi RBR50 and Nighthawk R6260 in nginx and it works fine, but my Nighthawk AX4  insists on redirecting to www.routerlogin.net (which redirects to the RBR50), www.netgear.com (unhelpful), or simply doesn't resolve.  This occurs regardless of whether I'm connected via LAN, to the AX4 WiFi, to the RBR50, or to the R6260. 

1. Is there a way to change the hostname of the router to something other than www.routerlogin.net?

2. Is there some sort of proxy configuration/headers I need to provide in nginx to get this to work? 

3. Is there a way for me to disable the redirection (i.e. update and/or remove the device's internal DNS which is overriding the DNS settings I have defined for it)?  

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Model: R6260|AC1600 Smart WiFi Router Dual Band Gigabit, RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router, RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: How to access multiple netgear routers using internal reverse proxy

Just need to access them by using the IP address assigned to each of these routers while they are in AP mode. 

Smart WiFi and Nighthawk series routers use routerlogin.net while Orbi series uses orbilogin.net

Message 2 of 3

Re: How to access multiple netgear routers using internal reverse proxy

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Just need to access them by using the IP address assigned to each of these routers while they are in AP mode. 

You can make life easier for future visits by giving each AP a fixed/reserved IP address. Then you won't have to track down the IP address every time.

Alternatively, install the desktop genie for your operating system and use the Network Map as a front end to reveal the current addresses.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7